+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 Spitfires just flown ovva

3 Spitfires just flown ovva

Brilliant Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Brilliant Sight
    Won the Battle Of Britain those little beauts and the young brave lads that flew em .

Massively outnumbered by the Luftwaffe but nowt they had was a match for the Spitfire .

Pity our young lads haven't the same making

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Pity our young lads haven't the same making
    I can't even imagine what it must have felt like for those brave young lads climbing in to a Spitfire and going up there to do battle .

Same with the lads who flew in Lancaster's and Wellington bombers .

Different breed dooali that generation , the like we are unlikely to see again .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Won the Battle Of Britain those little beauts and the young brave lads that flew em .

Massively outnumbered by the Luftwaffe but nowt they had was a match for the Spitfire .
    Correct , i couldn't see what it said on all 3 , but one had " Thank you NHS " underneath it's wings , might sound daft , but ad a lump in mi throyit at seeing such an amazing sight , i have seen them plenty of times before , this time though it felt very special ,

Nice one Roma ya jammy bleedah
    A dint see um but I ed privilege o seeing Lancaster bomber fly over low near Tankersley last year.

Should have been to Fairford this year. Rolled tickets over to next year.....
    What a cracking day out, if you’ve not been, it’s worth a go. Stuff like this every 10 minutes..... a day isn’t long enough

Av not been to Fairford Jules , but went to Donny a few times , plus the one in Lincolnshire , as you say a great day out weather permitting , my Favourites have always been the Lancaster , Halifax, Spitfire , Hurricane , i used to make them Airfix kits , it took hours , allus made a ballax of that rear gun turret at back of Lancaster though

A wo allus cack handed mekkin them plastic kits. Glue all o'er mi fingers.