+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Face Masks to be made compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    By now Councillor Jim told us we would all be dead if we refused to take orders from Whitehall and our local Borough Councils. Funnily enough, the UK daily death toll average is actually falling.
    Don't worry BT, I have heard that they are thinking of hiring 'Rent-A-Mob' to patrol in certain areas and they will be armed to the teeth and intent on raising the death toll. Got to keep the figures up!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Don't worry BT, I have heard that they are thinking of hiring 'Rent-A-Mob' to patrol in certain areas and they will be armed to the teeth and intent on raising the death toll. Got to keep the figures up!
    Be careful what you wish for Supersub6...

I had to drop the car off at the garage for a couple of hours this morning, so had some spare time in Clitheroe. Whilst wandering round and in between cups of coffee, I had time to do another of my not very scientific surveys on face mask wearing. I did two seperate counts of the first fifty people I passed in the street, I can't do a bigger survey, I'm bored after 50, and the results were,

Wearing a face covering.... 7
    Not wearing a face covering.... 93

I'm also sure that two of those seven were just going out of one shop and into another, and may have removed the masks had they not been so doing, but let that pass. I've done this sort of thing a couple of times before and both times the results have shown around 15% wearing them, but this time it's 7%, a 50% reduction in muzzle wearing by the good folk of Clitheroe.

This is most encouraging and made my day, the general public, in Clitheroe at least, aren't buying this nonsense so much any more. You can fool some of the people..............

Pakistan puzzles health experts as virus cases drop :-O

Six months after the coronavirus arrived in Pakistan, the country appears to have dodged the worst of the pandemic, baffling health experts and dampening fears '' its crowded urban areas and ramshackle hospitals'' will be overrun.

Following an initial surge, the number of infections has plummeted in recent weeks, with Covid-19 deaths hovering in the single digits each day, while neighbouring India tallies hundreds of fatalities. Pakistan has a long history of failing to contain myriad infectious diseases such as polio, tuberculosis and hepatitis, while successive governments have underfunded its healthcare sector for decades.

Added to that, many Pakistanis live in crowded, multi-generational homes or packed apartment buildings that favour rampant virus transmission. "The situation is now under control and the number of coronavirus cases is dropping, the wards are emptying. It's hard to know why."
    Masks have become an increasingly rare sight, spurring warnings from experts for the public to remain vigilant over fears of a second wave.

(the population of Pakistan is 233,500,636 (July 2020 est.) Single digits each way and with such a population??? Then Masks have become an increasingly rare sight,???

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Pakistan puzzles health experts as virus cases drop :-O

Six months after the coronavirus arrived in Pakistan, the country appears to have dodged the worst of the pandemic, baffling health experts and dampening fears '' its crowded urban areas and ramshackle hospitals'' will be overrun.

Following an initial surge, the number of infections has plummeted in recent weeks, with Covid-19 deaths hovering in the single digits each day, while neighbouring India tallies hundreds of fatalities. Pakistan has a long history of failing to contain myriad infectious diseases such as polio, tuberculosis and hepatitis, while successive governments have underfunded its healthcare sector for decades.

Added to that, many Pakistanis live in crowded, multi-generational homes or packed apartment buildings that favour rampant virus transmission. "The situation is now under control and the number of coronavirus cases is dropping, the wards are emptying. It's hard to know why."
    Masks have become an increasingly rare sight, spurring warnings from experts for the public to remain vigilant over fears of a second wave.

(the population of Pakistan is 233,500,636 (July 2020 est.) Single digits each way and with such a population??? Then Masks have become an increasingly rare sight,???
    I went to see a customer in Preston this morning and politely asked if I should wear a mask during the meeting? The answer was, "don't talk bloody daft they are as much use as a chocolate teapot!"

I got the order sans muzzle!

The one country most wetting it's knickers about an uptick in positive tests and a possible second wave is Spain, the country with possibly the most draconian muzzle regs in Europe. Not doing them much good is it.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)