+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks to be made compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If you look on the government website BT, you can find the transcript of every government press briefing on Covid from 3rd March to 26 June. It's all there, everything that was said, from Cabinet ministers, the top people from the NHS and PHE etc, every expert they could lay their hands on, all explaining what was happening and what we must do to stay safe. And in all those briefings over a four month period, which must have numbered well over a hundred, not once was it recommended to wear a face mask.

No further comment needed really is there.
    I have also watched the daily briefings and the contradictions are just phucking ridiculous.

In my best Kevin Keegan whining voice, "I'll tell you what sinkov, I would love it if there is no spike among the Muslim male community following Eid, because then we will all know this is all just bull-****"!

For the benefit of our resident Lib Demmer:

Death rate is "normal".

No need for mass burial sites.

No need for Nightingale Hospitals.

No need to trash the economy.

No need to ban flights to Spain.

No need to panic, no need to fear anything except fear itself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have also watched the daily briefings and the contradictions are just phucking ridiculous.

In my best Kevin Keegan whining voice, "I'll tell you what sinkov, I would love it if there is no spike among the Muslim male community following Eid, because then we will all know this is all just bull-****"!

For the benefit of our resident Lib Demmer:

Death rate is "normal".

No need for mass burial sites.

No need for Nightingale Hospitals.

No need to trash the economy.

No need to ban flights to Spain.

No need to panic, no need to fear anything except fear itself.
    BT --all well and good, however, how will you know because they only tell you what they want you to hear ----as has always been the case. Life goes on regardless. be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --all well and good, however, how will you know because they only tell you what they want you to hear ----as has always been the case. Life goes on regardless. be happy!
    I'm embarrassed to be English at the moment Supersub6. Johnson's latest ruse while we are concentrating on yet another lockdown is to hand his billionaire brother a life peerage in the House of Lords. If I hear one more bit of Covid 19 - Mumbo Jumbo I think I will finally crack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm embarrassed to be English at the moment Supersub6. Johnson's latest ruse while we are concentrating on yet another lockdown is to hand his billionaire brother a life peerage in the House of Lords. If I hear one more bit of Covid 19 - Mumbo Jumbo I think I will finally crack.
    You mean he is doing what countless others have done over many, many years. You need to chill because it is just a simple case of us and them and it will never, ever change ---many people have tried to make it change ---but they alway fell.
    Whoever thought that we would ever see Lord Prescott ---but we did!
    Just take a step back, forget about politics, forget about Covid19 and just be sensible and get on with life, there is no reason to get bogged down ---life goes on!

"Death rate is "normal".

I'm fairly sure I read recently BT that for the last few weeks the 'death rate' has been running below average for the time of year.

Around 10,000 of us in the UK pop our mortal clogs every single week of the year.

Guess what? Nothing has changed, so let's close the pubs and re-open the schools.

Honestly, I know the odd kid or two nips in the boozer usually with their family, but are we seriously suggesting social distancing in pubs and restaurants is not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You mean he is doing what countless others have done over many, many years. You need to chill because it is just a simple case of us and them and it will never, ever change ---many people have tried to make it change ---but they alway fell.
    Whoever thought that we would ever see Lord Prescott ---but we did!
    Just take a step back, forget about politics, forget about Covid19 and just be sensible and get on with life, there is no reason to get bogged down ---life goes on!
    I can't Supersub6, me and my mates are too busy cementing in the lamp posts...

Attachment 16472

"AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch government on Wednesday said it will not advise the public to wear masks to slow the spread of coronavirus, asserting that their effectiveness has not been proven.

The decision was announced by Minister for Medical Care Tamara van Ark after a review by the country’s National Institute for Health (RIVM). The government will instead seek better adherence to social distancing rules after a surge in coronavirus cases in the country this week, Van Ark said at a press conference in The Hague.

“Because from a medical perspective there is no proven effectiveness of masks, the Cabinet has decided that there will be no national obligation for wearing non-medical masks” Van Ark said."

Rumour has it the next government guidance is we have to wear masks when internet shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Rumour has it the next government guidance is we have to wear masks when internet shopping.
    Don't joke about it alf -----Boris and his men may read this board!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)