+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is he correct or not?

Is he correct or not?

James O'Brien telling it how it has always been ------and always will be --sadly!

Sorry guys, but the best they can come up with is to squander a few more billion quid by scrapping Public Health England and giving the gig to their mates and cronies.

I used to listen to O'Brien every weekday morning religiously, because he was correct most of the time, passionate and seemingly happy to let people have their say when they would phone, but having listened to him for years he suddenly changed into an arrogant person, not letting phone in folk have their say without butting in after every sentence without letting them get their point accross before replying.

I have listened to the youtude you have put up Sub and he makes a very good point, but His show is 10am till 1pm, he used to introduce the hourly topic and speak for 4/5 minutes about the hourly subject before opening the phone lines, then it got longer, and longer and longer, one morning he went on about something trivial for 19 minutes overshooting the 10:15 news slot, as I say he's right about most of what he says, and with what you have posted Sub, but what devalues it for me is someone who seems to like the sound of his own voice, now I listen to Nick Farari who is on before him from 7am to 10am, he's a good listen and lets people speak before answering, plus throws in some good quips.

Rich privileged man, moaning about rich privileged men. Pass the sick bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I cannot seem to get that one to play Sinkov.

Just clicked on it now Alto and it played OK once and came up with the wrong link twice. I'll see if I can get a reliable link, in the meantime here's another one, in similar vein, about O'Brien, but who knows, maybe this one won't work either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg0JXkJTVb4

I have to put my hand up here and admit that, if it had not been for the fact that someone put the diatribe on social media which I put on here two weeks ago, I did not know who James O'Brien was and certainly have not listened to anything else and still don't know who he really is. Added to that, who the hell is Alex Belfield?

Please do not enlighten me because I have better things to do with life than worry about people pontificating on the radio. I was just pointing out that what he was saying was as relevant now as it always has been.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)