+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This £2.5m Salary Cap In League One ?

This £2.5m Salary Cap In League One ?

Nar then , am I reight in thinking that this doesn't affect players already under contract and it really only kicks in with players you recruit this summer and means it can't go over £2.5m ? .

For instance if we sign four players this summer window their combined wages can't exceed £2.5m per anum ? .

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick with this proposed new ruling ? .

We're stuck with a lot of dross on four year contracts so expect a larger fire sale than usual. I suspect their will be significant wage reductions written into relegation clauses in players contracts.
    Av not seen any detail as to how this will be phased in regarding existing players.
    The clubs are also voting on whether to limit squads to 20 "Senior"pros to include 8 homegrown players from the clubs academy system.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-07-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Av not seen owt abart this , weer not likely to bi buyin player's on big wages ennyrooard ,
    will be lucky to get ridda sum anorl , buy wun get 3 free,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Av not seen owt abart this , weer not likely to bi buyin player's on big wages ennyrooard ,
    will be lucky to get ridda sum anorl , buy wun get 3 free,
    On abart a salary cap in the Championship too Roma , £18m ceiling on it I think and £1.5m in league two .

it will just drive players abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    it will just drive players abroad.
    Nowt different on the continent Dragon , all in the same boat nar with this pandemic .

It'll feck us over more than FFP. It's another rule designed to make the big clubs bigger and keep the lower clubs where they are. They want a debonair Premiership, Premiership 2 and Championship.