+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the reality?

What is the reality?

Evening bonny lads and lasses,

On the sad evening of losing Wor Jackie, reflecting in on the Watford match and what I have read in articles since the final whistle has blown.

All the usual noises - "Bruise has done a fantastic job", "2 moments of madness", "game was under control", "miracle that NUFC were safe so soon, Credit to Bruise."

Looking at that team & the lack of managerial skill is really disappointing / depressing.

When giving the ball to ASM to do something brilliant doesn't work, we lose. When we take a lead it's rare to can maintain it.

This wasn't an anomaly this was the norm - to be seen as the writing on the wall for next season.

I'm so tired of waiting for the takeover to go through.
    I'm completely sick of seeing Bruise's mashed up broken nosed fat stupid face.
    I'm exhausted with the nonsense that comes out of his mouth when he's tired to justify the failures of incompetent tactical set up and lack of quality in the squad.

I was raised to detest liars, which is why I hated Pardew, this privilege now extends to the Charlatan Bruise.

Today was the truth, beyond game 38 of this protracted, disjointed season NUFC are in very very big trouble if we do not get new owners and a new manager.

Another concern is that the PL will continue to play politics with the Take Over and delay in deep into the Transfer window.

We need Bruise out, new manager in and new signing in ASAP - you know, like a well run club.

However as I said at the top of the post, I can't help but feel depressed by the state of things.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ening-18582917

After being told by his captain to lift his game, Rose responded by asking who Lascelles thought he was talking to.

He appeared to snap back at the full-back: "You!"

Rose - the personification of what is wrong with NUFC - Signing this guy is seen a Coup by Bruise and his team.

The guy is a clown, passed it, hasbeen, things he's better than he is - never won anything, never will arrogant pr!ck!

Absolutely need to bin Bruise and the shocking team in place running the club

With the odd exception most of the loanees who come here are a spent force and have been unable to make it at their past clubs.

This obviously creates a situation of feeling downgraded and leads to a couldn't care less attitude.

When we take on loanees they should be younger players who are on the verge in their parent clubs and keen to make thier mark rather than the has beens of the past like Sol Campbell and Damian Duff and many others who have only come to lick the cream off the plate.

Get in as loanees ambitious youngsters who have something to prove as against those who have done it elsewhere in the distant past and resent having to still prove themselves by working and grafting for a place in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    With the odd exception most of the loanees who come here are a spent force and have been unable to make it at their past clubs.

This obviously creates a situation of feeling downgraded and leads to a couldn't care less attitude.

When we take on loanees they should be younger players who are on the verge in their parent clubs and keen to make thier mark rather than the has beens of the past like Sol Campbell and Damian Duff and many others who have only come to lick the cream off the plate.

Get in as loanees ambitious youngsters who have something to prove as against those who have done it elsewhere in the distant past and resent having to still prove themselves by working and grafting for a place in the team.
    I understand when Jetro went down with his ACL we needed a LB cover.

Rose was the logical short term signing. However even at £5m he isn't worth signing.

He'll want wages of the top earners in the squad - Top end of 70-90k a week if not more. For a left back who's years past his best physically, years past his best in terms of motivation and ambition & light years away from having the kind of positive attitude required to assist NUFC to raise to the next level that is way too much money and frankly, even if we remain SD's billboard we can and should do better!

Bentaleb has show 2 good games but that's not enough either. I was keen to sign him after he started to show his quality but that was short lived.

The Lad Lazaro is still worth a punt IMO though.

“Another concern is that the PL will continue to play politics with the Take Over and delay in deep into the Transfer window. “

That’s my big concern now, even when this was starting to drag on into May and then June, I wasn’t too phased thinking as long as it would be sorted by 30 June, the usual end of season/start of new season cut off point, that would be fair enough. Now that point has been reached and is almost a couple of weeks beyond with no sign of resolution and not even any hint of a timescale, this could really do us over - new owners or not. If there is a cast iron reason why they have failed the test (and I doubt that legally they have failed it), the league need to make the decision and be prepared for any legal action that may follow if the buyer’s take that route. If this hasn’t been resolved either way when the window opens, we are stuck in limbo for as long as the league choose, but I agree with Ragatino and everyone else on this board who has said as much - it’s political and in the absence of a legal argument, they are trying to derail the whole thing by delaying it as long as possible so the club is effectively damaged goods.

We need to know if we're going to the food bank or shopping at Waitrose.

The longer the PL delay the more chance we'll miss out on targets because stuff will be being sorted behind the scenes ready for the opening of the window as soon as the League ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    We need to know if we're going to the food bank or shopping at Waitrose.

The longer the PL delay the more chance we'll miss out on targets because stuff will be being sorted behind the scenes ready for the opening of the window as soon as the League ends.
    There are players contracts to think about ,sponsorship deals manager’s contracts.
    This could really fu ck next season up if the premier league don’t get their fingers out !!!

Just read somewhere that the Saudi’s have a new main sponsor ready to be announced but can’t because of the Premier League faffing on and dithering.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    “Another concern is that the PL will continue to play politics with the Take Over and delay in deep into the Transfer window. “

That’s my big concern now, even when this was starting to drag on into May and then June, I wasn’t too phased thinking as long as it would be sorted by 30 June, the usual end of season/start of new season cut off point, that would be fair enough. Now that point has been reached and is almost a couple of weeks beyond with no sign of resolution and not even any hint of a timescale, this could really do us over - new owners or not. If there is a cast iron reason why they have failed the test (and I doubt that legally they have failed it), the league need to make the decision and be prepared for any legal action that may follow if the buyer’s take that route. If this hasn’t been resolved either way when the window opens, we are stuck in limbo for as long as the league choose, but I agree with Ragatino and everyone else on this board who has said as much - it’s political and in the absence of a legal argument, they are trying to derail the whole thing by delaying it as long as possible so the club is effectively damaged goods.
    Agree with all of this.

It's getting to be a serious worry.

If it hasn't been done by end of July. . .

I now really believe, like others, it is just being delayed as long as possible to **** us for next season.

Nothing has happened to change my mind. Like I have said many times, as long as Ashley goes it can take as long as it takes.
    We will have new owners in time for next season, the money this lot have they can buy anyone they want whenever they want.
    Granted it is becoming a joke the time it is taking but the end result is Ashley gone. That's good enough for me, that and the fact he is waiting for his money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)