+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea v Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Swansea v Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United make the long trip to Wales to take on Swansea City in the Sky Bet Championship on Sunday.* The Whites head to the Liberty Stadium on the back of a fine midweek win against Stoke City on Thursday, with the Potters defeated 5-0 at Elland Road.* Like Leeds, Swansea are one of the form teams in the division following the restart of the league.* They are currently fighting for a Play-Off spot, sitting just one point outside of the top six.

Manager/head coach

Swansea City: Steve Cooper

Leeds United: Marcelo Bielsa

League position

Swansea City: 7th

Leeds United: 1st

Form

Swansea City: WLDWW

Leeds United: LWDWW

Top scorer

Swansea City: Andre Ayew (16)

Leeds United: Patrick Bamford (16)

Head to head

Swansea City: 12

Draws: 7

Leeds United wins: 20

Last time at the Liberty Stadium

Tuesday 21st August 2018

Swansea City 2 (McBurnie 24, 51)

Leeds United 2 (Roofe 40, Hernandez 79)

Team news

Whites head coach Marcelo Bielsa could name the same side which beat Stoke City 5-0 on Thursday.* Jordon Garrick is available for Swansea again following a three match ban.

Officials

Referee- Keith Stroud

Assistant Referee 1- Nik Barnard

Assistant Referee 2- Nick Greenhalgh

Fourth Official- Peter Wright

The key battle

Andre Ayew v Ben White

Swansea striker Ayew is the club's top scorer this season and is someone who Bielsa knows all about following their time together at Marseille.* Leeds defender White will be looking to reduce his impact on the game.

0 - 2.

MOT.

I know I said it was important to score first in the Stoke match...but doubly important in this one. Think whoever hits the net first will have a huge advantage deciding the outcome. Can't see us playing catchup if they score and then park.

Think it is going to be an open game but I expect us to come away with 3pts.

The lads know to keep their composure, believe in the way they play and there will be plenty of chances to win the match.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Think it is going to be an open game but I expect us to come away with 3pts.

The lads know to keep their composure, believe in the way they play and there will be plenty of chances to win the match.
    Agree..to an extent. Will hopefully be an open game, but that may depend on how long it remains scoreless too. Will take any sort of game as long as there are 3 points for us on the end of it.

Toughest match of the return for me but I think we’ll do it. Decisive win if we do. Here’s hoping ��

Tough game but we can do this.

MOT

We win today and the fat lady can gargle. Or in the Revs case, gag.

All the lady's are gagging for a bit of the Rev

Yet another team we owe one to. They celebrated as if they'd been promoted when they fluked a late winner at ER.

Last beat them away in 1964?!

I guess we’re due then...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)