+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team vs Fulham

Team vs Fulham

Whilst clearly there are a number of options and therefore arguments for and against, I would go for...

Johnno
    O’Shea AJ Hegazi Townsend
    Pereira Krovo Grosicki Sawyers Diangana
    Austin

2 quandaries...
    Livermore and Philips. (Thinking experience)
    Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Whilst clearly there are a number of options and therefore arguments for and against, I would go for...

Johnno
    O’Shea AJ Hegazi Townsend
    Pereira Krovo Grosicki Sawyers Diangana
    Austin

2 quandaries...
    Livermore and Philips. (Thinking experience)
    Thoughts ?

Prefer Livermore over Sawyers in this game and possibly both with a fit Diangana starting over Grosicki but with him to come on. I would also look to bring Brunt on if Sawyers is not performing like 2nd half yesterday. Not adverse either to Bartley and Hegazi playing together as Townsend makes me nervous.

A big resounding NO for Philips as too many players better and more consistent!

Robinson adds nothing and HRK has been really poor since the Blues match and both these players weakened the final third yesterday

I would like to see at home
    Johnstone
    O’Shea Ajayi Hegazi Townsend
    Livermore
    Grosicki Pereira Diangana
    Krovinovic
    Austin
    4-1-3-1-1 in attack, 4-1-4-1 in defence
    No need for two holding midfielders at home, I also would like to see Tulloch on the bench and the likes of Zohore and HRK banished forever.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Prefer Livermore over Sawyers in this game and possibly both with a fit Diangana starting over Grosicki but with him to come on. I would also look to bring Brunt on if Sawyers is not performing like 2nd half yesterday. Not adverse either to Bartley and Hegazi playing together as Townsend makes me nervous.

A big resounding NO for Philips as too many players better and more consistent!

Robinson adds nothing and HRK has been really poor since the Blues match and both these players weakened the final third yesterday
    Are you thinking Gibbo instead of Townsend ? (Is Gibbo fit?) or maybe Furlong ? I relate to your defensive concerns with Townsend.
    Dare we risk Bartley at LB ?

Interesting re Philips. He, as you say has been poor post lockdown. Looked like fitness (as Livermore) to me. Hopefully trainers will have picked this up and maybe now worth another go ?

To be fair to Bilic it’s a tough call.

Pleased to have such options, but we need their commitment on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I would like to see at home
    Johnstone
    O’Shea Ajayi Hegazi Townsend
    Livermore
    Grosicki Pereira Diangana
    Krovinovic
    Austin
    4-1-3-1-1 in attack, 4-1-4-1 in defence
    No need for two holding midfielders at home, I also would like to see Tulloch on the bench and the likes of Zohore and HRK banished forever.
    Decent shout. No complaints from me.

For me Fulham are a physical side and if we go with Krov, Pereira, Diangana, Grosicki and Austin I can see them bossing us at free kicks and corners as well as getting us on the break. The back 5 will not be able to cope on their own imo.

I wish we had tried AJ a bit more in the two in front of the back 4 because I would like to see

Johnstone
    O’Shea, Bartley, Hegazi, Townsend,
    Ajayi. Livermore
    Krov, Pereira, Grosicki
    Austin

Come what may we must not lose this match even if it means taking our chances of winning the last 2 games after a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    For me Fulham are a physical side and if we go with Krov, Pereira, Diangana, Grosicki and Austin I can see them bossing us at free kicks and corners as well as getting us on the break. The back 5 will not be able to cope on their own imo.

I wish we had tried AJ a bit more in the two in front of the back 4 because I would like to see

Johnstone
    O’Shea, Bartley, Hegazi, Townsend,
    Ajayi. Livermore
    Krov, Pereira, Grosicki
    Austin

Come what may we must not lose this match even if it means taking our chances of winning the last 2 games after a draw.

Would not disagree with that Yarm either as Hegazi and Bartley could stop horrible Mitroviv. Sawyers not doing it for me at the moment and bugs me how he still has the love in for Brentford by liking their tweets - he would not even get in their side!

As you have mentioned we can’t lose as 100% Brentford will win their remaining games if we do. Would rather win than draw so a draw would be good enough at Huddersfield

With Mitrovic we have to be ultra careful about giving away stupid free kicks and corners and also cutting out to long diagonal ball to him.

He’s a player who can easily be wound up so I’d be in his ear and niggling him from minute one.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    With Mitrovic we have to be ultra careful about giving away stupid free kicks and corners and also cutting out to long diagonal ball to him.

He’s a player who can easily be wound up so I’d be in his ear and niggling him from minute one.

He’s a decent striker! Pity that’s not in our dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Absolutely right Mick. We need to wind him up like a clock as he’s got a remarkably short fuse. We ought to be out of site by now of all this nonsense but we aren’t so however it finishes we’ll get what we deserve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)