+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team vs Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Would not disagree with that Yarm either as Hegazi and Bartley could stop horrible Mitroviv. Sawyers not doing it for me at the moment and bugs me how he still has the love in for Brentford by liking their tweets - he would not even get in their side!

As you have mentioned we can’t lose as 100% Brentford will win their remaining games if we do. Would rather win than draw so a draw would be good enough at Huddersfield
    Agree Al. I’ve never been Hegazi’s biggest fan but I think he’ll hold his own physically against Mitroviv. That’s what we’ll need. Yarm’s first X1 choice looks a good shout to me

Any side Bilic picks can do a good job on Fulham if they are on their game. They are all good professionals. Mentality is what counts with me. Every player has to be first to every ball. With the exception of Austin because he doesn't move, or jump higher than anyone else. So he's a "luxury" you have to be prepared to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Any side Bilic picks can do a good job on Fulham if they are on their game. They are all good professionals. Mentality is what counts with me. Every player has to be first to every ball. With the exception of Austin because he doesn't move, or jump higher than anyone else. So he's a "luxury" you have to be prepared to carry.

Well the subs that Bilic picked on Saturday did not do a good job as they weakened the team. Austin at least gets into good scoring positions - fantastic flick for Krovs goal on Saturday - great goal against Hull! That said all three strikers are poor compared to a Benrahma!

Please please enlighten me since the Blues games what one thing from HRK as changed the game? There's nothing - he's out of his depth and sadly you need more than work rate.....

The last 15 mins on Saturday prove Livermore has to start we fell apart in midfield when he went off, our 2 best headers of the ball are Bartley and Hegazi but would you leave Ajayi out? Grosicki has to start Diangana has had a couple of good moments but hasn't been consistent, Phillips and HRK have been awful since the restart being able to have 5 subs also hasn't helped us as we tend to loose shape after we have made them all.

I would start with the same team that started against Blackburn, with the exception of Hegazi in for Bartley. Also, I’d stick with that team if it’s playing well and not make subs unless they are really needed. If a change is needed in midfield later on, it should be Brunty.

imagine if we had 2 CFs like Jonas & McCauley? or a strong leader in MF like McInnes or Scharner

I think we will get turned over by Fuham

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    imagine if we had 2 CFs like Jonas & McCauley? or a strong leader in MF like McInnes or Scharner

I think we will get turned over by Fuham
    All if buts & maybes BS .

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Well the subs that Bilic picked on Saturday did not do a good job as they weakened the team. Austin at least gets into good scoring positions - fantastic flick for Krovs goal on Saturday - great goal against Hull! That said all three strikers are poor compared to a Benrahma!

Please please enlighten me since the Blues games what one thing from HRK as changed the game? There's nothing - he's out of his depth and sadly you need more than work rate.....
    Absolutely spot on, the blame lies solely with the recruitment department, for all the praise they have received for the likes of Pereira, Krovinovic, Ajayi the failure to replace Gayle and JRod is appalling, to think that Zohore, Austin and HRK could do the same job is bizarre, we have been fortunate this season many other players have chipped in with goals otherwise we probably would have been mid table, hopefully next season we can replace all three donkeys with proper strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Absolutely spot on, the blame lies solely with the recruitment department, for all the praise they have received for the likes of Pereira, Krovinovic, Ajayi the failure to replace Gayle and JRod is appalling, to think that Zohore, Austin and HRK could do the same job is bizarre, we have been fortunate this season many other players have chipped in with goals otherwise we probably would have been mid table, hopefully next season we can replace all three donkeys with proper strikers.
    Leeds, Brentford and Fulham have midfield ball winners. The lack of one against Blackburn once again showed where we really miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    Leeds, Brentford and Fulham have midfield ball winners. The lack of one against Blackburn once again showed where we really miss out.
    Gareth Barry 10 years ago would have fitted that role perfectly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)