+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On The Road Again

"A free kick of admittedly slightly dubious origin after the ludicrous adjournment for drinks, allowed Burnley to build an attack down the left-hand side."

No, completely wrong, the free-kick did not allow Burnley to build an attack down the left hand side. The free-kick was lumped directly towards the left side of their penalty area, where it was met by Tarkowski.

" The incoming cross was met forcibly by the awesome Tarkowski "

No, completely wrong, there was no incoming cross, the ball was met forcibly by the awesome Tarkowski directly from the free-kick inside our half.

What on earth is the matter with you BT, everyone can see for themselves what happened, and the description of how that goal was scored is simply wrong. A couple of days ago, on another thread, I mentioned an own goal I saw Alex Elder score against Blackburn, Sub pointed out that the own goal was actually scored against Leeds, not Blackburn. No blaspheming from me, no accusing Sub of being pedantic, I admitted I was mistaken, he was right, and we moved on.

You want to try it sometime BT, it doesn't hurt, honest.

I'll watch it again FFS. I trust Dave to write what he sees, I recall Tarkowski won the header in the penalty area and had already supped a gallon of Guinness by the time Jay rod equalised, so perhaps my judgement was a bit off.

I have to admit that my musician's mentality kicked in when I read that bit of the report. It certainly was a few 'bum' notes creeping in and spoiling what was a good piece!
    Perhaps the alcohol input had been really good and befuddled the memory, anyway, we scored and that was all that matters.

I recently watched a really nice video produced recently to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Band of the RAF College Cranwell. It was really well produced, however, they hit a real 'bum' note when they said the band had made .......appearences! Not good!

Our imagination plays tricks with us BT, I can vouch for that, and it gets worse as you get older. What replays in your head sometimes isn't what actually occurred. It happens, we all get things wrong, no shame admitting it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Our imagination plays tricks with us BT, I can vouch for that, and it gets worse as you get older. What replays in your head sometimes isn't what actually occurred. It happens, we all get things wrong, no shame admitting it.
    Ah! So you admit that Brexit was a bad idea? Gallad!

"What replays in your head sometimes isn't what actually occurred."

It's no use 59, no matter how many times you re-run the referendum in your head and Remain wins, what actually occurred was that us Brexiteers won, and we're leaving. That attack from the Left was a figment of your imagination, what actually happened was that the ball was lumped directly up to Nigel, who headed it down to Boris, who smacked it into the back of the Remainer's net.

Goal of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "What replays in your head sometimes isn't what actually occurred."

It's no use 59, no matter how many times you re-run the referendum in your head and Remain wins, what actually occurred was that us Brexiteers won, and we're leaving. That attack from the Left was a figment of your imagination, what actually happened was that the ball was lumped directly up to Nigel, who headed it down to Boris, who smacked it into the back of the Remainer's net.

Goal of the season.
    Just a pity that VAR wasn't around.... (Voters Are Rong)

"Andrew Robertson’s skilfully headed goal just after the first half hour finally breached Burnley’s and Pope’s defences; but the flood gates did not open. Burnley maintained their shape, their composure, and their commitment"

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tm...70/index.shtml

they did what they do best - whats been drilled into them - and what we'd be lost without.....a solid Defense, protecting the goal and managing what gets through - making it as easy as be possible for Pope....and though I agree that he did a fine job in goal, I think that without that defense to narrow the danger and give him a smaller area to keep - from the distances many of the shots were sent, it would have been a much different result - also helped along with City not being their usual exacting selves.
    Bur however you look at it - a draw against MC, a super top team....was an Excellent result....Now, all we need do is just bring some of that skill we have at the back...to the front, and add to the goals - and of course, keep the players we have.

Hold my hand up time!

Free kick deep in our own half on the right hand side, Tarkowski met it with a towering header and jay Rod smashed it home.

That ball did NOT hit Tarkowski on the head. He leapt like a freshly fooooked salmon and headed it across the penalty box.

Attachment 16316

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

"Andrew Robertson’s skilfully headed goal just after the first half hour finally breached Burnley’s and Pope’s defences; but the flood gates did not open. Burnley maintained their shape, their composure, and their commitment"

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tm...70/index.shtml

they did what they do best - whats been drilled into them - and what we'd be lost without.....a solid Defense, protecting the goal and managing what gets through - making it as easy as be possible for Pope....and though I agree that he did a fine job in goal, I think that without that defense to narrow the danger and give him a smaller area to keep - from the distances many of the shots were sent, it would have been a much different result - also helped along with City not being their usual exacting selves.
    Bur however you look at it - a draw against MC, a super top team....was an Excellent result....Now, all we need do is just bring some of that skill we have at the back...to the front, and add to the goals - and of course, keep the players we have.

Norder --I think that one of us has been indulging in rather too much alcohol because I thought that we played Liverpool and got a draw and that we got absolutely smashed by Manchester City.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)