+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United v Barnsley

Leeds United v Barnsley

Match Preview - External Link

Barnsley won at Fulham who's to say they won't beat Leeds ? Leeds are already up. They'll not be completely " at it", as they've still got games to get that promotion point. Depends on your key players being up for it, because the managers not really in the right place mentally.

Good luck

Leeds 0- 1 Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Barnsley won at Fulham who's to say they won't beat Leeds ? Leeds are already up. They'll not be completely " at it", as they've still got games to get that promotion point. Depends on your key players being up for it, because the managers not really in the right place mentally.

Good luck

Leeds 0- 1 Barnsley
    We've had many a team struggling for survival at this level over the years Wardy who you'd have at least had a bit of confidence in pulling this off , this isn't one of em .

We were more or less in this position in 1990 when we went to Elland Road with three games to go , the year Leeds and yourselves went up and won a famous game 2-1 and we stayed up .

There won't be a repeat , beating Fulham on the first day of the season and in January isn't the same thing as at this stage of the season .

I'm hoping simply not to get tonked , that's my limit of expectation .

Wish we would throw the towel in and not bother turning up, can’t bear the thought of us getting smashed by them on TV for all to see!

Last thing we need is a reyt hammering , our GD is already bad , to have any realistic chance we need 3 wins , even that may not be enough ,

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    Wish we would throw the towel in and not bother turning up, can’t bear the thought of us getting smashed by them on TV for all to see!

I don't think football works that way, be tighter than a lot think, Wigan at Leeds last year ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We've had many a team struggling for survival at this level over the years Wardy who you'd have at least had a bit of confidence in pulling this off , this isn't one of em .

We were more or less in this position in 1990 when we went to Elland Road with three games to go , the year Leeds and yourselves went up and won a famous game 2-1 and we stayed up .

There won't be a repeat , beating Fulham on the first day of the season and in January isn't the same thing as at this stage of the season .

I'm hoping simply not to get tonked , that's my limit of expectation .

Without wanting to sound funny or critical or owt, but it must be exhausting watching a club like Barnsley ? When we went down at least we stayed there for six seasons, not up one year down the next

Without wanting to sound funny or critical or owt, but it must be exhausting watching a club like Barnsley ? When we went down at least we stayed there for six seasons, not up one year down the next
    I think that little cycle might be about to end Wardy and we will stay down in league one for a while .

I'll be massively surprised if this group can come straight back up personally .

I don't think football works that way, be tighter than a lot think, Wigan at Leeds last year ?
    The problem with that is we have to be able to do the basics right defensively, we can’t even get that right! Not to mention we aren’t scoring many goals. Sorry, but anybody even thinking we might have th slightest chance is smoking some strong narcotics

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    The problem with that is we have to be able to do the basics right defensively, we can’t even get that right! Not to mention we aren’t scoring many goals. Sorry, but anybody even thinking we might have th slightest chance is smoking some strong narcotics
    Ya man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast