+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What was your ist and last pair of football boots.

What was your ist and last pair of football boots.

My ist pair was Lofthouse continental hard toes from Dickens next to the Sandwell pub in West Brom. Can't find an image but they were similar to these .https://www.google.com/search?q=vint...rCe8M7AOlpY3jM
    My last boots were old style Puma.

My first pair were hand me downs. Hard toe caps, came over the ankle and had nail in studs.

First pair of new were Gola.

I still buy boots for coaching with the village kid's team. Pay about £20 for whichever Sports Direct are selling off. Last pair are Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    My ist pair was Lofthouse continental hard toes from Dickens next to the Sandwell pub in West Brom. Can't find an image but they were similar to these .https://www.google.com/search?q=vint...rCe8M7AOlpY3jM
    My last boots were old style Puma.
    Off topic but I bought my first ever snooker cue from Dickens, cracking sports shop in its day. If you walked straight up from there you would see Alfred Street where I lived. The previous site of this street was Bunns Field where Albion used to play in the 1890s and their changing rooms was at the White Hart inn next to what was the Police Station.

Across the flyover there you'd find Stoney Lane where parts of the old stadium stood right up until the 1970s where as kids we would play football. The area is now called Albion Fields. And a bit further along there was Mr Kipling cakes...i'll shut up now

Don't know the make of my first pair but it would have been in 1960-61. hard toe cap. But i can remember seeing a pair of my grandad's old football boots on the sill outside in the back yard. High over the ankle, hard toecap and studs you nailed on in place. The best boots I ever bought cost me 5 bob second hand off my mate. They were a pair of Bobby Charlton boots. The worst pair I ever bought were a pair of Puma. It was like playing in a pair of skis.

I remember Billy's Boots, it was one of the only reasons I would buy The Scorcher comic every week, ya know back in the day and all that.

Woolworths Winfield 😢

Alan Hinton white leather 😎

My favourite ever pair were the black Gola with fluo green stripes I scored my first ever competitive goals in schools house matches when I was about 15-16.

Last pair I still have which are a pair of Adidas Predator.

I refuse to discard as I may yet get a Sunday call up!

Pele got paid to lase his Puma boots up before the kick off. https://www.bosshunting.com.au/sport...oes-world-cup/

Great question - I had a pair of Dunlop mouldies (don't know how I remember after all these years).

Last pair are a set of Nike's in ahem, claret

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)