+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Everton

v Everton

Ruled it for 85 minutes, Luis and Conor superb in midfield, 1-0 up and then Ghastly misses the barn door after Jack's brilliant cross. From that moment on all Villa fans knew we were f*****. Sure enough 8 minutes from time we stopped playing, abandoned the plan and became the usual s hit scared rabbits who have conceded in the last 15 minutes 17 effing times. And there it is, their equaliser.
    I totally blame the coaching staff for this inability to see games out time and time again.It ain't no coincidence. So for me we are down and f*** right off Smith and Terry.

Did Smith tell El G to miss from half a yard, did he tell them to step off in the last 10 and let them pass it around at will, did he tell our midfield to not track runners into the box leaving defenders outnumbered? Did he tell the clueless Samatta to not take a step back from the shoulder of the last man knowing full well a ball from Elmo is coming (Trezeguet would have buried it)?

The players have to shoulder SOME of the blame, Smith should have stuck Nakamba on for the last 10 but that's all I can lay at his door tonight.

El ghazi bottled it imo cos keeper was coming at him and personally I think Reina wasn’t central enough else he’d have saved it.. same old **** I’m afraid but can’t deny how much better we’ve been these last few games ! Lack of fire power has done us in..

Of course, the players should shoulder some of the blame WCV. The thing is mate, we all know that Ghastly is erratic and sh1t scared of contact. We all know that Targett is horrendous in defensive situations. We all know that Samatta, couldn’t care less. We all know Trez is a headless chicken, with the first touch of a ‘baby elephant’ and a liability. So why don’t the management team know?

I don’t know the answers mate, I’m not a highly paid coach. But this stage of the season, I think that it’s obvious that the management team don’t either.

And that’s the problem mate, and it has been all season. The blind have been leading the blind, through a minefield.

UTV, Onwards & Upwards.

Exactly why El Ghazi has to take the responsibility Exiled. I agree with your point about Targett, but we had no other option with Taylor injured and starting Samatta to get on the end of Elmo's crosses is arguably a better option than Davis (who did well when he came on). Trez scores that El G chance all day long for me, I can only think he was knackered and perhaps Smith wanted to bring fresh legs to the attack to put Everton on the backfoot.

Although El Ghazi has popped up with important goals, including his excellent performance away at West Brom, I have never rated him. He hardly ever beats his man nor does he work hard enough when we don't have the ball, I can see a glimmer of potential in Trez but there has to be better talent available.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)