+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Wycombe Wanderers

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yeah, I liked Curtis, you could certainly never fault his effort but I wouldn't be surprised to see him released from Wycombe when his contracts up. Not sure he's Championship quality, he's only ever been a sub for them in the few times I've watched them. But well done to them, one of the smaller budgets in L1 as well.
    It was good to see an ex-Notts stalwart get some success - and at a higher level.
    I agree with the above though, he seems to be a sub used for 30 mins or so to defend a lead. Although he's probably at his peak now, the playing styles and bigger, slicker pitches in the Championship would be tough step up for many lower league players. Maybe Wycombe will keep him as a squad player, but being involved in the success there should at least earn him a starting role lower down. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Wycombe being promoted to the championship gives me hope that under our new owners we may also get to the championship one day.
    Thankfully having fell as far as we have ever fallen we seem to be moving in the right direction under our current owners.
    There will be some blips along the way, but I think Notts have now got the set-up to as you say to move in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I agree with the above though, he seems to be a sub used for 30 mins or so to defend a lead.
    Not sure which games you and the poster you agreed with have watched but you must have been extremely unlucky. Looking at his stats in their last 24 games (he missed their first 10) he missed 3 games, one of which he was suspended for, he started and played over 60 minutes in all but 2 games, most of them (17) he played 80+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Not sure which games you and the poster you agreed with have watched but you must have been extremely unlucky.
    You think watching Wycombe games makes you lucky

Curtis was 6/10 consistently. It’s funny how some seem to give ‘one of our own’ more time to develop and way more leeway than some of the signings we have made. Some described as ****e before a ball is kicked in anger.
    Wycombe are a tin pot club, punching well above their weight. Yes they have a decent manager. Some of the players are OK but it won’t take long for them to slip back down to League 2.
    I hope they enjoy there stint in the Championship but I fear it will be a short stint and result in back to back relegations.

Imagine if ...

Yates hadn't been recalled
    Mason Bennett hadn't got injured
    The ref hadn't given Coventry a 3-goal advantage
    Nolan spent the summer building a balanced, hard-working team instead of signing Vaughan and getting drunk in Bridgford
    Hardy hadn't got his knob out

... that could have been us. So close.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    You think watching Wycombe games makes you lucky

Unlucky in terms of managing to pick the two games all season where Thompson had the role you described.

They've been taken over today by the world's 581st richest man worth over 4 billion apparently (Forbes list) . So that's yet another club that was once smaller and lower in the pyramid than us that's struck gold and one that we probably won't be able to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They've been taken over today by the world's 581st richest man worth over 4 billion apparently (Forbes list) . So that's yet another club that was once smaller and lower in the pyramid than us that's struck gold and one that we probably won't be able to keep up with.
    It might be a better idea to remember that we have a club and Ray Trew or Alan Hardy are not running it! it also looks very dodgy. A tech guy from Kazakhstan? What could possibly go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Is that what you want for Notts?
    I’m more than happy with the brothers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast