+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Var

Var

The more I’ve watched since re start the more I just think scrap it , and I was a supporter of it initially saying I thought they’d get it right .

However I now think it’s just someone’s personal view and there is no difference than letting the ref make the decision, I mean human nature says the Var operator has a team favourite or player etc , there isn’t one scrap of evidence that suggests that there is a formula that is worked to seems to me they just see it do what ever they want , which means it’s a human decision just like a refs would be.

It's a load of Phookin crap,but im afraid it's here to stay for the duration..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It's a load of Phookin crap,but im afraid it's here to stay for the duration..
    They can please themselves Alfie, there's no VAR down Clitheroe, which is where I'll be watching my football.

There is nothing wrong with VAR in principle. Just the muppets who sit in Stockley Park who take far to long in studying the video footage. When there is concern over a decision the VAR operator should notify the referee that he needs to review his decision on the pitch side monitor and leave the final decision to the match referee.

Why do we even bother discussing VAR? It is only used in 10 matches in the whole of English football on any weekend when there are hundreds of league games played, however, FIFA and IFAB have changed Laws and their interpretation just to accommodate this terrible system.
    I ceased mentoring young referees because I could not say to them, hand on heart, that the referee's decision is always final so just get on with it and players will accept it, even if they do not like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    There is nothing wrong with VAR in principle. Just the muppets who sit in Stockley Park who take far to long in studying the video footage. When there is concern over a decision the VAR operator should notify the referee that he needs to review his decision on the pitch side monitor and leave the final decision to the match referee.
    Vintage ---as expressed in my previous post, VAR is only used in 10 matches and the referee in each of those matches makes his decison, as he does if he is refereeing in the local park on Sunday morning, therefore, why is there any need at all for anyone else to become involved in a decision which is more often than not just another opinion. We are getting to the point of refereeing by committee at the over-hyped top level of football! It is still only a game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)