+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight’s the night

Tonight’s the night

Ok there are still three games left but tonight is the big game. Win and we are virtually there. Draw and we still have a decent shout with Huddersfield and a QPR side who are already on the beach to come. Lose and it’s probably the playoff lottery. A bit worried we have had one day less rest than Fulham. Maybe some fresh legs needed. COYB tonight is the night.

It’s definitely sh*t or bust tonight. I will watch the game hiding behind the settee!

Mr Bilic says Albion have to be brave, he needs to be brave and pick the right team, which I hope doesn’t include the likes of Harper, Kanu, Bartley or Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Mr Bilic says Albion have to be brave, he needs to be brave and pick the right team, which I hope doesn’t include the likes of Harper, Kanu, Bartley or Phillips
    Blimey, "supporters" like you pee me off, if you can't find anything good to say about our players then say nothing

Quote Originally Posted by df46 View Post
    Blimey, "supporters" like you pee me off, if you can't find anything good to say about our players then say nothing

The subs that came on the pitch Saturday clearly weakened the team and this was extremely frustrating. Kanu, Philips, Robinson and HRK have been shocking since the matches resumed. You want positive so here you are - Brunt steadied the ship when he came on in the recent game - O’Shea has been exceptional and so has Grosicki. You have to tell it the way it is! Bit like saying Johnstone in goal could play for Barcelona when it’s a fact he’s not a patch on Foster!
    Last edited by baggieal; 14-07-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quite right. The reason we are in the top two has been largely because of the season players like Kanu have had. Soon forgotten. The trouble is they view Kanu as an all out and out striker even when he is classed as a winger/attacking midfielder/forward. 3 roles. Austin is just a striker and falls far short of the figure you would expect him to score when that's his only job.
    Thomas Henry Alex "Hal" Robson-Kanu (born 21 May 1989) is a professional footballer who plays as a winger for West Bromwich Albion. Although he initially played primarily on the wing, he has also been used as a forward, including during Wales' run to the semi-finals of UEFA Euro 2016. (WIKIPEDIA) Hals problem is that some supporters have it fixed in their heads that he is an all out and out striker. For a winger/attacking midfielder/forward to get 10 goals is a good yield by anyone's standards. Happy for Austin to play if he bangs the goals in. Lets hope he does tonight. Harper Bartley and Phillips can all play well, but Phillips has fallen short recently, and Harper is no Livermore. Yet.

All eyes on Bilic later on. It'll al boil down to his decision making, so for a start, let's hope there are no hidden injuries from Saturday.

This is a must win game, we need all players to be on top form and have the bottle for a huge match, sadly even though they have all played their part this season the players mentioned in my opinion at the moment don’t get in the first x1

Looks like Mr Bilic feels the same, they are all on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    This is a must win game, we need all players to be on top form and have the bottle for a huge match, sadly even though they have all played their part this season the players mentioned in my opinion at the moment don’t get in the first x1
    I agree with that, it,s the slagging off and witch hunt of our players I don,t like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)