+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wanderers V Villa next season

Wanderers V Villa next season

Wycombe Wanderers that is!

Woody, have a look at post 47 on the Tonight's match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Woody, have a look at post 47 on the Tonight's match thread.
    There you go! Missed all that, story of my life!

I’m actually rooting for Villa to stay up. I don’t have quite the animosity toward them, not having to deal with Villa fans on a regular basis. In fact, whenever I run into someone that is not a supporter of the Big 6 clubs, I’m pretty happy.

I’d like for them to stay up, and West Brom to come back and have four true derby matches next year.

That said, I’m sure Wolves fans over in the UK and expats like Woody are loving their demise and I’m sure I would be too if I grew up in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I’m actually rooting for Villa to stay up. I don’t have quite the animosity toward them, not having to deal with Villa fans on a regular basis. In fact, whenever I run into someone that is not a supporter of the Big 6 clubs, I’m pretty happy.

I’d like for them to stay up, and West Brom to come back and have four true derby matches next year.

That said, I’m sure Wolves fans over in the UK and expats like Woody are loving their demise and I’m sure I would be too if I grew up in the UK!
    To be honest, I would prefer the Villa to stay up, as you say, four good derby games, good for everyone. I don't hate the Villa at all, but that doesn't mean I won't have the occasional dig at them just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post

Just wondered how much of general animosity of you guys is linked with the people you know who support a particular club???

My dislike of Villa stems purely from the fact I had to work for a sh1t who not only was a vile person in every sense, his Uncle was Doug Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Just wondered how much of general animosity of you guys is linked with the people you know who support a particular club???

My dislike of Villa stems purely from the fact I had to work for a sh1t who not only was a vile person in every sense, his Uncle was Doug Ellis.
    In third grade, my school got a new principal and his son was in my class. He was a real prick. They were university of Iowa fans. I hated Iowa for a long time pretty much for just that reason. But my partner is from Iowa and her family are all Iowa fans and they’re very friendly and every Iowa fan I’ve met since meeting her has been great.

For footy, most fans over here like the Big 6 or Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, AC Milan as, for a while, those were the only clubs you could get any decent information on and the only ones that were on TV a decent amount. I knew a guy in college that was a Chelsea, Lakers (NBA), Patriots (NFL), and Yankees (ML fan. Met him a year or two after Mourinho’s first tenure there so I knew he was just a bandwagon fan. Probably likes Liverpool or Man City now

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)