+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Two wins against two poor sides and we’re up.

It might take less.

If Brentford have a surprise defeat we need one win.

I’d have taken this back in 1923 when the season started.

I must stop watching the interview with Slavan as it makes me feel seasick!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I must stop watching the interview with Slavan as it makes me feel seasick!

Thought we looked more solid at the back with Hegazi back - handled Mitrovic well. Thought generally team played well and should have had at least a couple of goals second half. If only we had a decent striker we would be out of sight in this league. Austin just does bring enough. And although HRK brings more he has no end product .i.e. goals. Reckon we should be ok now - if we can’t beat two poor sides... one of which is already on the beach .....then we don’t deserve to go up...

But next season we need to sign a couple of strikers. What about that Finnish guy who plays upfront for Norwich...or even Mitrovic or Watkins if neither get promoted....quite like Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley...caused us a few problems...

We would be a very good team with Mitrovic or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Whatever anyone thinks of Kanu, he did more in his first 5 minutes than Austin did for the 60 AGAIN!

Boingy - they are both absolutely not good enough and we would be out of sight had Gayle been here or similar. It's a fact!

Austin would look likely to score more over HRK but HRK holds the ball up but has no end product - both simply not good enough! Sawyers really does worry me too!

Thought Hegazi was solid but bringing off Diangana for the fairy Robinson - poor move! Robinson for me is less impressive that Austin and HRK and that's saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Thought we looked more solid at the back with Hegazi back - handled Mitrovic well. Thought generally team played well and should have had at least a couple of goals second half. If only we had a decent striker we would be out of sight in this league. Austin just does bring enough. And although HRK brings more he has no end product .i.e. goals. Reckon we should be ok now - if we can’t beat two poor sides... one of which is already on the beach .....then we don’t deserve to go up...

But next season we need to sign a couple of strikers. What about that Finnish guy who plays upfront for Norwich...or even Mitrovic or Watkins if neither get promoted....quite like Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley...caused us a few problems...

Barrera mate IF we get promoted we need half a team not 2 strikers ,

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Two wins against two poor sides and we’re up.

It might take less.

If Brentford have a surprise defeat we need one win.

I’d have taken this back in 1923 when the season started.
    Thing is its in our own hands isn't it so with who we have to play I'd take that every time. A point against Fulham wasn't the disaster many seem to be saying it was as Fulham are a decent team and in the play-offs for a reason so as a stand alone result it was OK. QPR must be on the beach and Huddersfield are where they are for a reason so if we can't beat them we probably get what we deserve whatever that will be given we've squandered loads of points against teams we should have put away.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Thing is its in our own hands isn't it so with who we have to play I'd take that every time. A point against Fulham wasn't the disaster many seem to be saying it was as Fulham are a decent team and in the play-offs for a reason so as a stand alone result it was OK. QPR must be on the beach and Huddersfield are where they are for a reason so if we can't beat them we probably get what we deserve whatever that will be given we've squandered loads of points against teams we should have put away.

Totally agree Stripes. I would have settled for a point against Fulham prior to the Blackburn game as they are in form - I did fear the worst before the game! We totally blew 2 points at Blackburn.

If Brentford win tonight as expected I am confident we will win at Huddersfield and to be honest if we blow that one - we don’t deserve to go up!

How about giving Tulloch a chance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)