+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bein sports

Bein sports

Saudi Arabia have teminated the broadcast licence of Bein, making it illegal for the Qatari group to broadcast in KSA and fines them £2m

The WTO supports SA right to block BEIN broadcasts within KSA.

Something is definately going on

It now means that people within KSA have no way to see any premier league football IF the piracy thing has been stopped and Bein cant broadcast. Im guessing KSA have a tv deal lined up somewhere and simply plan to out bid/buy the rights
    Last edited by TANYA_; 14-07-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Or worse case it's off so Saudi have chucked the toys out.

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    its actually a very good move by KSA. It will completely destroy Bein sports.

Qatar/Bein committed subscription fraud, violated the competitive laws of the GCC and forced subscribers into extended contracts, this has been confirmed by WTO and in court.

KSA can now make moves to push through a movement between the Arab League committees making them all follow suit in many countries including Egypt, UAE owners of Man city and as a result Bein won't be allowed broadcast in 80% of MENA. Effectively, Bein have paid billions for the rights, and wont be able to show/sell the games in 80% of the region they hold the rights to . They will lose billions

The Prem have now been put on a very hot spot, the tables have been turned and they will have to act and stop the monpolies laws being broken by Qatar/Bein. Then in 2022 the broadcasting rights are up for grabs KSA will blow them away
    Last edited by TANYA_; 14-07-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    We would have heard by now if that was the case.

You have to wonder if the Saudi’s have had enough - a state backed bid for a UK business being held up by a half arséd tinpot organisation, the premier league. PIF will be used to getting what they want and their recent acquisitions show they don’t mess around and won’t let anyone mess them around. Presumably their legal team will know and understand the owners test inside out and be confident that they can’t legally be failed on it. This could well be a major shift in them not putting up with the dithering any longer and showing the PL who’s in control - almost goading them into daring to fail them on the test and face the legal ramifications that will surely follow or making sure the league have no choice but to back down. Just a thought and I could be way off the mark but from what Ragatino has said on other threads, these dudes don’t seem to mess around or suffer fools gladly.

i see the media have actually cottoned on to what i said earlier.

Bein have been the naughty boys and dragged Saudi name through the mud for best part of 3 months.

Bein sports made counties buy movie packages and extend subscriptions in order to get football. THAT is why the Saudi's started to **** them off and go down the piracy route.

A tv deal lined up for Saudi Arabia with the Prem and Saudi Telecom buying the rights

#cans

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    A tv deal lined up for Saudi Arabia with the Prem and Saudi Telecom buying the rights

#cans
    Isn't this the company that have a sponsorship deal with Manure. Either way I think we are about to see who runs the PL. Is it the PL or is it Bein Sports.
    I can't see this being anything but positive news.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Isn't this the company that have a sponsorship deal with Manure. Either way I think we are about to see who runs the PL. Is it the PL or is it Bein Sports.
    I can't see this being anything but positive news.
    yes mate, their deal with Man Utd runs out shortly i think.

One thing is certain, once these people get the keys to the club, just to finish in the top half of the table will be classed as a massive failure

I'm taking this as good news.

I think it is also, the Saudi's saying "we've played along, done all you've asked yet. . . "

I think we'll know in the coming week whethere this is positive or negative, i'm leaning positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I'm taking this as good news.

I think it is also, the Saudi's saying "we've played along, done all you've asked yet. . . "

I think we'll know in the coming week whethere this is positive or negative, i'm leaning positive.
    Same here, I must admit I did find it a bit strange that PIF would buy us and then give money to Bein so the people in KSA could watch the Premier League. I wouldn't be surprised if like Tanya says, more countries follow in that area and ban Bein.
    Did old gorilla mits know this news was coming, who knows. Maybe the money is being transferred as we speak which is why this action has come about.
    Either way, the PL have dragged it out but they could have played a blinder financially. The money KSA will pay for TV rights will be obscene.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)