+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In Case of Another Lockdown ---Educate Yourself!

In Case of Another Lockdown ---Educate Yourself!

Just a bit of education on a very special interpretation of the Geordie language ---this is an example of the local dialect spoken in Ashington ---it is know as pitmatic! I am available for help

Name:  Ashington Dialect.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  55.8 KB

Very good sub, world of their own up there, and better off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Very good sub, world of their own up there, and better off for it.
    Definitely!

My lad taught at a school in Peterlee,it took him three months to pick up the local lingo.

His first day teaching a lad pulled an air pistol on him,so he had to disarm him and March him to the headmasters study. He was suspended. ( the lad that is) haha

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    My lad taught at a school in Peterlee,it took him three months to pick up the local lingo.

His first day teaching a lad pulled an air pistol on him,so he had to disarm him and March him to the headmasters study. He was suspended. ( the lad that is) haha
    Aye, it can be interesting in some of the schools, even teaching instruments used to have its moments!
    I have to be honest though because the dialect in Ashington really is unique and totally different to other parts of County once you get away from the immediate area.
    There used to be a lad who came round to collect the football pools and if my daughter-in-law saw him coming she used to tell me to answer the door becauseshe could not understand him!! She had lived in Ashington all her life! lol

One of the funniest things was when this was shown years ago one Ashington man responded with this indignation

"De ye knaa what it is? Neebody taaks like that up wor way"
    Last edited by Supersub6; 15-07-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)