+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these last 3 games really beyond us?

Are these last 3 games really beyond us?

Against the top sides we've played well on the whole. We've done the double over Fulham, drew twice with WBA and were the better side in both games imo. We were unlucky against Leeds at Oakwell and the same deal at the City ground going down 0-1 against Forest. Brentford ripped us a new one at Oakwell to be fair and are a top footballing side.

However, the way I see it is this- Should Forest win tonight then they're in the play offs guaranteed and may well rest aif their team for the remaining two games. Automatic promotion may be beyond Brentford come the final day and I'm sure that they'll be resting players if that is the case. Leeds away on Thursday is of course a different proposition. Probably as tough a fixture as they come. However, the pressure is all on them, there's no crowd present and we gave them a game in the reverse fixture. Also bear in mind that Luton went there a couple of weeks ago and got a point.

Maybe I'm reaching for shyte but certain styles of teams seem to suit us. Being a betting man I won't be rushing to the bookies to put money on us surviving but it's not totally out of the question...... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Against the top sides we've played well on the whole. We've done the double over Fulham, drew twice with WBA and were the better side in both games imo. We were unlucky against Leeds at Oakwell and the same deal at the City ground going down 0-1 against Forest. Brentford ripped us a new one at Oakwell to be fair and are a top footballing side.

However, the way I see it is this- Should Forest win tonight then they're in the play offs guaranteed and may well rest aif their team for the remaining two games. Automatic promotion may be beyond Brentford come the final day and I'm sure that they'll be resting players if that is the case. Leeds away on Thursday is of course a different proposition. Probably as tough a fixture as they come. However, the pressure is all on them, there's no crowd present and we gave them a game in the reverse fixture. Also bear in mind that Luton went there a couple of weeks ago and got a point.

Maybe I'm reaching for shyte but certain styles of teams seem to suit us. Being a betting man I won't be rushing to the bookies to put money on us surviving but it's not totally out of the question...... is it?
    There's one thing that nobody's mentioned to my knowing and that it's Brentford's final ever game at Griffin Park and I'm sure they'll want to end that bit of history with a win .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's one thing that nobody's mentioned to my knowing and that it's Brentford's final ever game at Griffin Park and I'm sure they'll want to end that bit of history with a win .
    Or could we end their occupancy with a win?

We shouldn't have been in this position in first place thanks gob shYte conway

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    We shouldn't have been in this position in first place thanks gob shYte conway
    Tha reight Dools.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Or could we end their occupancy with a win?
    Yes

Wi gooin darn.

I personally think we are doomed however we do play better against the better sides!
    Think about it this way, we can spoil Leeds promotion party, we can stop Florist from getting into the play off's and we can put a dampener on Brentford's last ever game at Griffin park!!!! We have something at stake in every game to motivate them and hopefully drag us out of the mire at the same time.

It's the hope that is the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's the hope that is the killer.
    While ever there's life there's hope. To quote the ending of the Shawshank Redemption "I hope I can make it across the border, I hope to see my friend and shake his hand, I hope the Pacific is as blue as in my dreams, I hope......"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast