+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Going on the premise that we'd get the same points deduction as Wendy..... 18 points or more would see us go down if my Maths is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Going on the premise that we'd get the same points deduction as Wendy..... 18 points or more would see us go down if my Maths is right.
    MA your maths are correct forecasting in most papers that 21points coming their way .But don't tell RA scoffed when I suggested we could get that many . Bloody hope we don't not very appealing going to Colchester Gillingham Peterborough etc

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Apparently costing Wigan £500,000 to make their appeal that's win or lose. Hearing 31st July hope they win
    Would you hope Wigan win their case if Derby, not Barnsley, had finished fourth from bottom owing to a dramatic last winner to avoid relegation.
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 24-07-2020 at 10:49 AM.

MA your maths are correct forecasting in most papers that 21points coming their way .But don't tell RA scoffed when I suggested we could get that many . Bloody hope we don't not very appealing going to Colchester Gillingham Peterborough etc
    Any forecasting anywhere (reasonably reliable?) when the verdicts will be handed down?

Don’t think I did mista. I only ‘scoff’ at a couple of people on here and you certainly aren’t one of them.
    Can’t imagine why it’s costing Wigan £500k to appeal. How can that be justified?
    Can imagine that if we do get a points deduction that sends us down then MM will be financing a massive appeal...as ever the ‘legal eagles’ will be the biggest winners, but if the EFL ‘lose’ against us, Wigan and Wednesday - having already backed down against Birmingham - then heads must surely roll.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Would you hope Wigan win their case if Derby, not Barnsley, had finished fourth from bottom owing to a dramatic last winner to avoid relegation.
    I think we're going down a very dangerous path here, with these points reductions. The season isn't over until the legal boys have finished now.

In league 2, you have Macclesfield finishing bottom and then after appeal, surviving. Are we going to have Barnsley finishing safe, only to get relegated after Wigan's appeal?

I think that we need a system whereby points penalties and appeals are processed before a certain match weekend, otherwise the punishment is carried over to the following season.

Well of course he wouldn’t. Just as much as you wouldn’t be asking that question if you weren’t a Barnsley fan.

I think it would be very harsh if Barnsley were to be relegated following their end of season heroics and am inclined to agree with Ram59 on this one, although that would be next season screwed before it even begins.

Am I alone in finding it deeply suspicious that the EFL have proved ‘incapable’ of reaching a decision until after the specific implications of a points deduction are known?

Guntery nothing against Barnsley pal always enjoy my away days at Oakwell like your fans ,ground etc. Just tired of hearing your owner spouting about who he's going to use next Your manager coming we are poor little Barnsley everybody against us crap By the way there is a still a good chance Derby and Sheff could be relegated ,as for Wigan I don't think they will win their case anyway . But that wouldn't stop you over important owner from his childish threats

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Any forecasting anywhere (reasonably reliable?) when the verdicts will be handed down?
    Don't know any dates MA but surely can't be long now . There will be the 14day appeals possibly . Then next season's fixtures to be sorted and printed . My guess would be late next week

Guntery nothing against Barnsley pal always enjoy my away days at Oakwell like your fans ,ground etc. Just tired of hearing your owner spouting about who he's going to use next Your manager coming we are poor little Barnsley everybody against us crap By the way there is a still a good chance Derby and Sheff could be relegated ,as for Wigan I don't think they will win their case anyway . But that wouldn't stop you over important owner from his childish threats
    I can't comment his threats, mistaram, childish or otherwise. But the 'poor little Barnsley, everybody is against us' attitude is not crap. It started in 1912 when Arsenal were 'promoted' to the top flight even though they finished the season lower in the table than Barnsley. Ask any Barnsley fan about the Willard game and you'll shudder to hear just how corrupt football really is.

Barnsley are treated the worst of the 92 clubs. They are mocked, reviled, scorned, ridiculed and portrayed as a bit of a joke. In the Premiership they were patronised as the other clubs 'second favourite team' (except when Barnsley beat them of course). If a manager's job is on the line then defeat to Barnsley is considered to be the last straw and marks his instant dismissal.

I'd say Barnsley have every right to feel everyone is against them, and, when push comes to shove, the EFL will take the line of least resistance and uphold Wigan's appeal. Next time you hear of 'Barnsley Bitter' you'll know why!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)