+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wigan

[QUOTE=mistaram;39541239]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    You're joking surely, £2m tops? For an international player with goals and assists a plenty? Good job you're not the manager! Some people just can't see past their bias. Still, I'm sure there's a headless chicken somewhere we can all salivate over.[/QUOTE

Adi I suppose it depends what your ambitions are . If you are prepared to wait every five or six games for Lawrence to produce that's fine .But just forget about promotion because in the Championship if your not at it every match you get found out you can't carry anybody . As for bias not sure what you mean he's just another player They come and they go if he was consistent he would be in the Prem but he's not that is why he never will play there . I think in the financial climate at the moment we certainly wouldn't be getting a fraction of 7million we spent on him
    Saved me some typing here mista. Thanks.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39541534]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Saved me some typing here mista. Thanks.
    Your welcome I just hate to see talent wasted and that lad has it by the shedfull .We just don't see it often enough Another Tom Ince

[QUOTE=mistaram;39541546]
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Your welcome I just hate to see talent wasted and that lad has it by the shedfull .We just don't see it often enough Another Tom Ince
    So, given that they’re both talented and frustrating, who would you prefer...Tom I, or Tom L.
    I’d go for Ince...without his dad...but I doubt Chris Martin would be too pleased.

Didn't we get £10M for Ince? Get nothing like that for Lawro.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39541556][QUOTE=mistaram;39541546]

So, given that they’re both talented and frustrating, who would you prefer...Tom I, or Tom L.
    I’d go for Ince...without his dad...but I doubt Chris Martin would be too pleased.[/QUO

RA they both frustrate you but Ince has more skill . Hard to say which one would you prefer ,neither are consistent ,both have it in their locker to win any game on their own ,but they both play five or six games on the trot without contributing much at all If I was a manager in not sure I would want either I've not noticed any difference to our performances whether Lawrence plays or not . In fact one of our best performances was against Blackburn without Lawrence or Rooney Adi will think I'm biased against him and he's probably right but the Wembley final last year summed him up ,if you can't turn up for a final something wrong mentally

Well yeah, his mum had recently died, undoubtedly affecting him mentally. You don't fool me mista, bet you keep his photo in your wallet, and kiss it every night before going to sleep.

[QUOTE=mistaram;39542147][QUOTE=ramAnag;39541556]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

I’d go for Ince...without his dad...but I doubt Chris Martin would be too pleased.[/QUO

RA they both frustrate you but Ince has more skill . Hard to say which one would you prefer ,neither are consistent ,both have it in their locker to win any game on their own ,but they both play five or six games on the trot without contributing much at all If I was a manager in not sure I would want either I've not noticed any difference to our performances whether Lawrence plays or not . In fact one of our best performances was against Blackburn without Lawrence or Rooney Adi will think I'm biased against him and he's probably right but the Wembley final last year summed him up ,if you can't turn up for a final something wrong mentally
    And in a nutshell thats why he is inconsistent, lack of mental strength (he has had other issues if the rumours are to be believed), these fancy dan players seem to think they are better than they are, but teams find them out and nullify them, which is why they get marked out of games, then they give up and sulk. As we ahve lawrence I'd keep him, just ahve to be prepared to carry him every other game, sub him if he isn't up to scratch, in the first half if necesssary.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)