+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looking at the current team and what we need going into next season,if we dont add players to the critical positions,then I echo the relegation battle thoughts.
    We badly need 2 keepers not just 1.
    Is fisher good enough?when loaned out the teams he went to,were not exactly buzzing about him.
    Defenders aplenty are needed.
    I do hope Carter or Wharton can step up to this level as the thought of mulgrew or Williams back in the team makes me shudder.
    Also perhaps a couple of wingers would be nice,instead of playing forwards there.
    Exactly what was needed this time last year, and the year before.

Some of this I just won't accept.
    Champs - what possible argument can you muster to show Mowbray "...doesn't like Nyambe..."?
    Nobody doubts that a case can be made for a change of manager. That is the way football works.
    "Let's try 'A'".
    "Oh, 'A' didn't work. Let's try 'B'".
    "I always said 'B' was crap. Let's give 'C' a go."
    If we're honest, we all know the pattern, and we all know how rarely it works.

I have always made the point that Mowbray is about a 7/10 manager, and - at our level, with our resources - that's about as good as we're going to get.
    The managers who DO get their teams promoted are saints and geniuses for a while...until things go bad, and then they're useless again.
    I see that Paul Cook is suddenly "brilliant" once more. For how long? And I believe there's a promising bloke called Lambert.
    It looks as if Hughton is going to Bristol City, so that's one promising contender gone.
    Do we turn to Pulis? I think he's much more the "dinosaur" type than Mowbray, actually, but he might be able to get us playing the style Millwall demonstrated. Then there's Ainsworth. The appeal is obvious, but it would be pure guesswork.
    I quite like the idea of Johnson, but look what happened when Kean was promoted internally!
    Whoever it is would get my support, but do I agree that any change would definitely be for the better?
    I do not.
    It's not as if we're in Stoke's situation, for God's sake!
    I think we need to face the fact that we probably are a mid-table Championship club these days.
    Finally, if it's all about the manager, who was in charge against Cardiff and WBA?

Ignore him Champs, like a stuck record, completely illogical, and very little truth. Nailed on for the cabinet of Butcher Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Ignore him Champs, like a stuck record, completely illogical, and very little truth. Nailed on for the cabinet of Butcher Boris.
    I don't need to justify myself. Nor will I be responding

Frankly, those are two completely pathetic responses!
    It's not a question of anyone "justifying" themselves.
    This is an "opinions" board.
    When it comes to what I've said about our record with changing managers under Venkys, can you please demonstrate where I'm wrong?!
    More generally - what percentage of managerial changes prove successful?
    And to be honest, saying "anyone" would be better than Mowbray is demonstrably stupid.
    As for your reply, Champs, I simply wanted to know what you actually meant by "Mowbray doesn't like Nyambe".
    If you say such things, you have to be prepared to back them up!

Auks, Explanation is very simple. You will just disagree, and tell me I am wrong.
    Nyamabe was taken out of the side the other night. Mowbray came out said his performances since lockdown have been poor, and stated he was not looking fit.
    When Bennett costs us games, plays badly, have you EVER recalled him coming out publicly and said anything negative about Bennett? As that has happened frequently this season. And I cant recall it.
    When Brereton is looking unconfident, he takes him out of the side and punishes him. And says things in public. Destroying what tiny bit of confidence he has left.
    When Gallagher misses a chance, he talks about him having to score more and improve. A player who has looked like his confidence has been shot all season long. When Graham has a poor game, nothing is said. Same with Samuel. Woeful, but never says anything about him. He actually rewards his poor performances, by playing him again! Incredible.
    When Johnson plays his 4 woefully poor games, he leaves him the side. And says nothing.

I find it odd he has no faith in young players, and feels the need to publicly name and shame them. But favours old, has been's that are taking us nowhere.
    He did this with Raya last season. Another young players, not dealt with properly. That keeper will be one of our youngsters playing in the Prem. Such a pity he is playing foir another club. Who spend less than us, do not use half a team of old has beens, and have a decent young up and coming manager. Who they have changed in recent times, and have improved due to this. Making a complete mockery of everything you are attempting to suggest.

what you will now do, is tell me I am wrong. And say its all down to luck anyway. Meaning I have just wasted my time writing all of that out. As you wont take on board what I am trying to say. And wont listen to any of it. Rendering it completely pointless.
    Its probably easier and less time consuming to say - Champs, whatever you view is, I will disagree and not explain why, just skirt around all the examples you have taken the time to explain and simply say 'its all down to luck anyway'.
    So why keep going round in circles? Seems a waste of time and effort to me.
    You will never change your view, or take on baord what i am taking the time to explain.
    Fair enough, you disagree. Thats fine, I accept that.

...just reached a point I feel its pointless justifying myself thoughts. I do spend time writing out examples. And backing up what I say, using very specific examples. And that is what you are asking me to do. Justify myself. You will never take on board what I am saying. You will disagree before you have even read it. So I just feel its best not to ask mke to do that. Save time and effort.
    You will disagree no matter what, and that will never every change.
    We are just having the same conversation time and time again.

You're right Champs, it's all down to luck

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    what you will now do, is tell me I am wrong. And say its all down to luck anyway. Meaning I have just wasted my time writing all of that out. As you wont take on board what I am trying to say. And wont listen to any of it. Rendering it completely pointless.
    Its probably easier and less time consuming to say - Champs, whatever you view is, I will disagree and not explain why, just skirt around all the examples you have taken the time to explain and simply say 'its all down to luck anyway'.
    So why keep going round in circles? Seems a waste of time and effort to me.
    You will never change your view, or take on baord what i am taking the time to explain.
    Fair enough, you disagree. Thats fine, I accept that.
    I have never said "It's all down to luck"! Those are words Seventwo puts into my mouth.
    I very carefully wrote down a list of the factors that I believe to be responsible for "success" and "failure".
    The manager and luck are just two of them.

Have I unfailingly agreed with Mowbray's decisions? Of course not! Football supporters ALWAYS have their own ideas.
    Bennett, I agree, has not always justified his selection, but I completely disagree that he is this hopeless incompetent you make him out to be.
    Our record is: W-16; D-12; L-16. GF-60; GA-57.
    That tells its own story, and it is not a story of disaster.
    You just go much too far. That is my main complaint. If anyone read your posts without knowing the broader picture, they would assume we had been relegated.
    One area where we will never agree is when you have said the players "haven't tried" or "don't want to play for Mowbray".
    We have turned in some woeful performances, but I have seen no sign of lack of effort.
    The Millwall game epitomised that. Bags of effort, but a complete lack of guile when it came to breaking down a team that was content to sit back. Even then, we missed two clear-cut chances - another factor behind our mid-table finish.
    Incidentally, I strongly object to your saying that I "just skirt around all the examples" you give, and don't tackle your points. If anything, I would guess most people's view is that I go into a boring amount of detail when replying to other posters' submissions!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)