+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to look at youth

I doubt that we'll lose both Dack and Armstrong.
    If we do, we'll have about 20 million to play with.
    I agree that we need a new, 28 to 30-year-old centre-back, because if Lenihan got injured, we'd just have too little experience.
    Keepers are such a gamble. Walton is from a PL club, but his hands just didn't look good enough at times.

Sorry about the lack of "live" responses recently. Doing this on the run.
    We have friends in a small town to the north called Whangarei (fanga-ray). Earlier this week, they had 8.7 inches of rain in ten hours, including 1.56 inches in one hour! We've been going there to help clear up, although we couldn't get through, the first day. Unfortunately, more heavy rain is forecast for the next 48 hours, so we may have unexpected guests. Here's the irony! Three weeks ago, Auckland and Northland were still in an official drought - with water restrictions. And this is midwinter!
    Whangarei's rain is apparently a 1 in 500-year event.
    The trouble is, we've had three of those in New Zealand in the last two years.
    So much for Climate Change not happening.

Dack,Armstrong and travis will be here next season.
    My concern is lenihan,Sheffield United have expressed and interest in him and even in these uncertain times,I would demand 10 million minimum.
    A top defender,who would find the step up relatively easy,in my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Dack,Armstrong and travis will be here next season.
    My concern is lenihan,Sheffield United have expressed and interest in him and even in these uncertain times,I would demand 10 million minimum.
    A top defender,who would find the step up relatively easy,in my opinion of course.
    For me, I think transfer fee's unless its a top top player, will reduce dramatically.
    If we could get £10m for Armstrong last summer, he will be worth £5m this summer. Everyone is going to reassess things. TV money in the Prem will be greatly reduced, no fans, most clubs will have no money.
    If Arma got a decent offer from a Prem side, he would be off without a second thought. Not many half decent players will be wanting to stay midtable in the Champ every season, in such a short career. Leeds are interested on him by all accounts. Bielsa has been very impressed with him, and rates him highly. He would be affordable to Leeds.
    Travis could leave to any Prem side who shown an interest, or a side coming down from the Prem, a club like Villa. He is the same, he wont stay around mid-table Champ for long. I think all 3 will leave in the summer, and we will get around £9/10M total for all 3.
    Dack may not come back the same player. Players who suffer ACL's often don't. Dack is a tough lad, so he has a fighting chance. No club will pay money for him until they see he is back, and the window will have closed by that point. We will have him next season, personally I think the others will all leave.

I dont think villa will be a viable option as alot of high earning players will need to be got rid of.
    I understand your point of in the current climate teams will not be keen to splash out but at the same time we shouldn't be held to ransom,just because financially its crap at the moment.
    Travis is at least a 5 million player
    Armstrong has proved to score at this level consistently,even if his form is patchy.
    10 million minimum.
    Dack will gather no interest due to the severity of the injury.
    Another season from him to prove form and ability is not effected by it.
    If we got 10 million for all 3,then I for one would be extremely disappointed.
    Financial crisis or not.
    Bellingham has just gone for 25 million that still proves that money is still out there and available.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I dont think villa will be a viable option as alot of high earning players will need to be got rid of.
    I understand your point of in the current climate teams will not be keen to splash out but at the same time we shouldn't be held to ransom,just because financially its crap at the moment.
    Travis is at least a 5 million player
    Armstrong has proved to score at this level consistently,even if his form is patchy.
    10 million minimum.
    Dack will gather no interest due to the severity of the injury.
    Another season from him to prove form and ability is not effected by it.
    If we got 10 million for all 3,then I for one would be extremely disappointed.
    Financial crisis or not.
    Bellingham has just gone for 25 million that still proves that money is still out there and available.
    We will have to see what happens. Bellingham is a top end player, going to one of the best sides in europe. The top sides have plenty of money put away in the coffers. Clubs at our level won't unfortunately.
    Personally, I think the transfer fee's for the lesser players will start to come down. But we shall see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)