+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red TV International v Virtual Season Ticket v PPV

Red TV International v Virtual Season Ticket v PPV

Got an email about renewing my Red TV international subscription today... £120. I can't remember how that compares to last season, but I watched pretty much every game we played so it was good value.

I'm wondering about whether to renew or not this season... anyone know anything about the virtual season ticket thing? Is that just going to apply to people who buy an actual season ticket for games they are not able to physically attend due to no crowds or restricted crowds? So it will only apply for the first part of the season probably...

Also, there was some talk about pay per view - so paying to watch online on a match per match basis. I guess that would again just apply to the first part of the season when there's restricted crowds and would be scrapped when crowds are allowed again? Anyone got any inclination as to likely cost per game?

I guess my main question is... if i want to watch all the games online again this season, is Red TV international still the best option for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

I guess my main question is... if i want to watch all the games online again this season, is Red TV international still the best option for that?
    If you want to watch them all, then yes.

If the season ticket included seeing them online all season, I'd go for that on the off chance I could physically make to some games.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    If you want to watch them all, then yes.

If the season ticket included seeing them online all season, I'd go for that on the off chance I could physically make to some games.
    I presume all games before crowds will be shown live in the uk on standard redtv also

Quote Originally Posted by bigj View Post
    I presume all games before crowds will be shown live in the uk on standard redtv also
    Needs to be RedTV international according to this.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/06/10/20-...n-ticket-faqs/

Hi all...its been a while...just finished listening to yesterday's Sportsound podcast, finally actual football on the pitch was the main topic, predictions for season ahead etc. So with the appetite duly wheted I then went to club website for first time in months and I see Red TV has had a bit of a shake up...christ knows it needed it...Rob McLean he of the bbc is on board, I never knew he had north east connections...is he a Dons fan? Dangerous Dave still on commentary duties by the sound of it with Mucker Shinnie pitchside...thoughts?

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/07/17/don...edtv-signings/

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    .Rob McLean he of the bbc is on board, I never knew he had north east connections...is he a Dons fan?
    Belongs Invergordon and is a County fan.

However he cut his teeth at Northsound and, I think, he did the comms on a few of the big European nights.

He played for Braemar in the Aberdeen amateur league.

They were a decent side but lost 1-0 repeatedly to Theologians who had an ace prolific scoring winger.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Hi all...its been a while...just finished listening to yesterday's Sportsound podcast, finally actual football on the pitch was the main topic, predictions for season ahead etc. So with the appetite duly wheted I then went to club website for first time in months and I see Red TV has had a bit of a shake up...christ knows it needed it...Rob McLean he of the bbc is on board, I never knew he had north east connections...is he a Dons fan? Dangerous Dave still on commentary duties by the sound of it with Mucker Shinnie pitchside...thoughts?

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/07/17/don...edtv-signings/
    I listened to a podcast with him a few weeks ago. He is a Ross County fan but because his career took him to Pittodrie so much and he got to know the ins and outs of the club he developed a soft spot for them.

Anyone else using RedTV international through VPN tried logging in yet today? I’m just getting the live event showing up saying “Live audio in UK” which is a bit concerning. Going to be gutted if I miss this game

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He played for Braemar in the Aberdeen amateur league.

They were a decent side but lost 1-0 repeatedly to Theologians who had an ace prolific scoring winger.
    Didn't Theos have a free scoring left back too. Unfortunately they were usually OGs. Signed from the mighty JohnnyGrant Allstars for an undisclosed fee.I witnessed his best ever OG from the halfway line in one memorable game too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast