The Scottish FA can confirm that Duncan Fraser will step down from his role as a non-executive board member immediately after the Annual Meeting on 22 July. Duncan is also leaving a similar position at Aberdeen Football Club to take up a new role as a mentor within UEFA’S Business Development Programme, GROW, which provides support to all 55 UEFA member associations. He joined the board in July last year having previously served as a member of the Professional Game Board.
In recent months, Duncan has been a co-chair of the Joint Response Group’s medical sub-group along with Dr John MacLean and has played a key role in helping Scottish football recover and return from the impact of COVID-19.

Fraser said: “I have been proud to serve the member clubs as a board member of the Scottish FA and it is a responsibility I have undertaken with the utmost dedication. I am grateful to my board colleagues for their support not only during my time as a board member but throughout my long association with the governing body. Playing a part in helping Scottish football return to action as part of the JRG medical sub group has been invigorating and it is a testament to the efforts of everyone involved – including the clubs - that we are now on the cusp of seeing the national game return. In particular, I wish to pay tribute in that regard to the work of Dr John MacLean.”

Mike Mulraney, Scottish FA Interim President: “Duncan’s experience as a chief executive and, more recently, non-executive director at Aberdeen has been hugely valuable to the Scottish FA beyond his year spent as a board member. He has been a colleague and friend for many years and I know he will be a success in his new role as mentor on the UEFA GROW programme. On behalf of the board and everyone at the Scottish FA I wish him the very best for the future.”