+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho

Divisive figure, seems to be touting himself for a post-takeover crack at managing us in some pre-match articles today (well, not really but others are jumping to wrong conclusions). If the takeover happens and a big transfer & wages budget is available, would you have him here - proven serial winner or spent force? I’ll get my tin hat!

No for me.

Spent force.

Will need/want lots of money and I think we'd do better getting a younger manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Divisive figure, seems to be touting himself for a post-takeover crack at managing us in some pre-match articles today (well, not really but others are jumping to wrong conclusions). If the takeover happens and a big transfer & wages budget is available, would you have him here - proven serial winner or spent force? I’ll get my tin hat!
    Nothing but a negative Nancy who will poison ☠️ the dressing room and club with his odious ways. He’s done!

CLASSLESS is the word of use to describe him.

There are younger more exciting magnates out there that will have us playing modern exciting football.

How can you be Man Utd manager, spend what he spent and STILL have the fans chanting ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!

I’ll be in the minority, I know, but have always liked him as a manager. He’s been disappointing in his last couple of jobs but still has it in him for some more success IMO.
    He wouldn’t be my first choice but his link with SBR and his ‘attitude’ could make him a hit at Newcastle.

Jose always maintains he has a strong affection for Newcastle because of Sir Bobby.

Its a no from me!

Theres no doubt he is a very good manager, but the one thing he didnt learn from Sir Bobby was man management.

Jose loves to think of himself as the main man and tellingly want everyone to know he is in charge.

Sir Bobby would do it all behind closed doors and get the best out of players rather than go for a response from being antagonistic in public.

I agree with Ben10, he would poison the dressing room

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    No for me.

Spent force.

Will need/want lots of money and I think we'd do better getting a younger manager.
    I agree with this. Jose had the chance to come here and work with and continue to learn from Sir Bobby but he thought he was to good for that. I also don't think he's getting any better and seems a risky proposition as regards man management and keeping the dressing room intact.

I would have any manager out there, even the local alcoholic ( its not me by the way) rather than bungling Brucey. Cant believe the negatives towards Mourinho. I don't like him but we have Bruce ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I would have any manager out there, even the local alcoholic ( its not me by the way) rather than bungling Brucey. Cant believe the negatives towards Mourinho. I don't like him but we have Bruce ffs.
    The negatives towards Jose are because there are quite a few better out there, also with a bit of modesty, which Jose is short of.

Not to compare with BrucieBoy because after the take over the line up of potential good managers wanting to be here could be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The negatives towards Jose are because there are quite a few better out there, also with a bit of modesty, which Jose is short of.

Not to compare with BrucieBoy because after the take over the line up of potential good managers wanting to be here could be impressive.
    I do even remember Pardew declaring that he was a good manager but I've never heard that claim from K.K.

As an alternative to Bruce? Absolutely. No question.

If the takeover happens and we're aiming for a much higher tier of manager? Nope. He's become a parody of himself, imo.

I'd like a younger, up and coming manager like, ironically, a young Mourinho...basically, someone who is on their way up as opposed to someone who is on the way down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)