+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the championship weaker than last time?

Is the championship weaker than last time?

I know it’s probably not a true reflection on the league after Covid but does anyone else think it looks poor ? Maybe it’s no crowd being there but I’ve watched a fair few games and I thought it was awful to watch... prime example is Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    I know it’s probably not a true reflection on the league after Covid but does anyone else think it looks poor ? Maybe it’s no crowd being there but I’ve watched a fair few games and I thought it was awful to watch... prime example is Derby
    I agree, same applies to the Premiership

Sausage machine football occasionally brightened up by a VAR dispute.

It does look weak

I watch derby games with my dad sometimes they literally have half a squad of youths Rooney and some other players.

Wednesday have literally got rid of all their forwards and they seem to make a pigs dinner out of their games

Cheio will hammer half of these full backs

It's not really normal football ATM so hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's not really normal football ATM so hard to tell.
    Well that’s true, but I suspect this “arrangement” will certainly still be in place when the season eventually starts.

Shows apart from rich clubs Both Manchester clubs, Liverpool the lack of quality when Sheff U are up there. Chelsea Spurs Arsenal are struggling to compete. Championship will still be tough enough next season will be an achievement if Roth U stay up.

Could it be the quality of the lower League clubs has improved?
    Sheff u were very AVG in the 2 games we played Vs them 2 season ago. They are very much the same team with the addition of a couple of good signings..
    One thing that does stand out with sheff u is the front line. Sharpe, mcburnie, mcgoldrick. Are all proven goal scorers.

Looking back before covid-19 & seeing some games now then imo we have got to step up big time, maybe some clubs are weaker which could be because of their own problems and doing.

Are the players putting in the normal effort and commitment though.
    It might be a subconscious thing but for many teams their season is over particularly in the prem.
    For example West Ham and Brighton have won the couple of games they needed to so now it's feet up and don't get injured.

Derby always capitulate about eight games from the end so at least they're being consistent