+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slave Like Conditions In Leicester!

Slave Like Conditions In Leicester!

Leicester has had a second spike and it's been reported that around 10,000 people are working in slave like conditions for £2 an hour. If this is correct - why are these textile manufacturers not closed down immediately? Is it the same issue as the child groomers where it's swept under the carpet!

What a joke that statues forming part of history have been defiled and pulled down due to slavery when the same slave type conditions are going on in factories in Leicester.

Any thoughts?

Its estimated there are up to 40 million slaves in the world right now so why is all the debate about historical slavery from the 18th Century which we can do nothing about and not about what is going on right now (mostly in Africa and the Middle East) we can do something about?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Leicester has had a second spike and it's been reported that around 10,000 people are working in slave like conditions for £2 an hour. If this is correct - why are these textile manufacturers not closed down immediately? Is it the same issue as the child groomers where it's swept under the carpet!

What a joke that statues forming part of history have been defiled and pulled down due to slavery when the same slave type conditions are going on in factories in Leicester.

Any thoughts?
    It’s always the “white man” that gets the blame when it comes to “slavery”.

I’ve dealt with plenty of ethnically owned businesses who treat their workers like s h I t and in illegal conditions going right back to the early 80’s.

The Asians are no different to a lot of white business owners in that greed is their main driver.

Like you say though this is not something that can openly be discussed and no doubt will lead to arguments on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s always the “white man” that gets the blame when it comes to “slavery”.

I’ve dealt with plenty of ethnically owned businesses who treat their workers like s h I t and in illegal conditions going right back to the early 80’s.

The Asians are no different to a lot of white business owners in that greed is their main driver.

Like you say though this is not something that can openly be discussed and no doubt will lead to arguments on here.
    250 years ago or so the 'white men' simply collected the slaves the locals in Africa had got together for them. For more than 40 years at the beginning of the 19thC the Royal Navy tried to end it by blockading African ports involved in slave trading. Where is that taught or heard?

All of us who live in Leicester and the surrounding areas know why the city is in lockdown but the authorities and the media haven't got the guts to come out and say it as it is. The areas where it is rife is mainly inhabited by Asians. As I've said in a previous post, these textile factories continued to work normally during the national lockdown ignoring all the rules and regulations, there are often three and sometimes four generations living in cramped conditions and many of them don't speak English! Then the Deputy Mayor comes out with the statement saying that we know that there are problems with many of these factories but haven't got the manpower to deal with it. What manpower? If factories are operating illegally then it's a police matter so inform them and let them do their job and go in and close them down.

I, fortunately live in a village outside of the lockdown zone but there are areas inside it where the number of cases are low but still have these restrictions. I'm now waiting to see what the government have decided to do over the situation and whether or not it will continue with the lockdown? What I do know is that it's about time that we ignored political correctness and brought these problems out into the open. Leicester will continue to struggle while the real issues are ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    All of us who live in Leicester and the surrounding areas know why the city is in lockdown but the authorities and the media haven't got the guts to come out and say it as it is. The areas where it is rife is mainly inhabited by Asians. As I've said in a previous post, these textile factories continued to work normally during the national lockdown ignoring all the rules and regulations, there are often three and sometimes four generations living in cramped conditions and many of them don't speak English! Then the Deputy Mayor comes out with the statement saying that we know that there are problems with many of these factories but haven't got the manpower to deal with it. What manpower? If factories are operating illegally then it's a police matter so inform them and let them do their job and go in and close them down.

I, fortunately live in a village outside of the lockdown zone but there are areas inside it where the number of cases are low but still have these restrictions. I'm now waiting to see what the government have decided to do over the situation and whether or not it will continue with the lockdown? What I do know is that it's about time that we ignored political correctness and brought these problems out into the open. Leicester will continue to struggle while the real issues are ignored.
    If they were factories owned by white people the authorities would be all over them.

We are now suffering a reverse type of racism in this country where the indigenous white man is automatically assumed to be a racist.

I’m glad my dad and grandparents in particular didn’t live long enough to see the way this country has ended up.

I think that if I end up on my own in the next few years I may well emigrate to Australia or NZ.

If not I’ll find the most remote spot I can miles from anyone and move there.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If they were factories owned by white people the authorities would be all over them.

We are now suffering a reverse type of racism in this country where the indigenous white man is automatically assumed to be a racist.

I’m glad my dad and grandparents in particular didn’t live long enough to see the way this country has ended up.

I think that if I end up on my own in the next few years I may well emigrate to Australia or NZ.

If not I’ll find the most remote spot I can miles from anyone and move there.
    That’s exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    That’s exactly how I feel.

Me too! Now that pathetic ISIS loving Begum has been given the go ahead to challenge her U.K. citizenship which will waste thousands in tax payers money. This country has lost the plot!

Close all these factories down immediately if operating illegally but it’s like the sick child grooming - a blind eye and fear of unraveling a can of worms kick in

Whatever happens in the wretched Begum appeal, once the awful woman is back in the country we’ll never be able to get rid of her. Us taxpayers will end up supporting her on benefits for the rest of her life. Disgraceful.

Sharp spikes of covid in Blackburn and Leicester and now down the road from me in that beautiful little fishing village called Smethwick, I wonder what the cause of the link is?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)