+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watching Carlisle last season

Watching Carlisle last season

There is a website that asks people of their experiences, this is what woz sed about Carlisle.

A nervous breakdown in slow motion. Bob.

Ive just spent two hours watching Carlisle for ten minutes. Xander.

The syphilis and gonorrhoea of the football world. Jmes.

Carlisle players are taken to ambling across the pitch in a spectral, shell shocked manner, choosing odd moments to jump and frisk, like a man who intermittantly has an electric current passed through him. Nigel.

Repressed sadists are supposed to become policemen or butchers, not sign for Carlisle. Liz

Carlisle United, a mutant monstrosity born in the toxic dump of the north. Ben.

If god was condemned to watch Carlisle, like he has inflicted on me, he would kill himself. Aldo.

Zebedee. of Clacton.

According to Melvyn Bragg "Anyone who is critical of last season's Carlisle United performances or style knows f­uck all. They played with the artistic joyful finesse and precision of the Bolshoi Ballet combined with the awesome power of the All Blacks, yet still had the Corinthian Spirit of cricket. Nay c­unt can contradict any of that".

Melvyn Bragg is a poo f.

Even if that was true who gives a f­uck? Does Elton John's se­xuality make him a less than competent piano player?

Bragg knows all about sport. He likes nothing better than to be on the terrace at Batley v Featherstone Rovers with a hot pie.

There's also no better political journalist than Matthew Paris.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 18-07-2020 at 04:54 PM.

I agree about Matthew Paris, his voice is enchanting. Its a shame that talent like his is on the left, anyone whos political career is on the left, and has talent, is doomed. Frank Field went that way.

Elton Johns se xualty does limit his career, as his third finger is so developed that it could function as a third finger, but wont be allowed to do so due to the law.

Private parties have had the privalege of Elton playing with three fingers, and he went down a storm. If what you say about Bragg is correct then i have a new respect for him.

I remember his programmes, talking nonsense most of the time, with the intent of creating an intellectual atmosphere, when i was left, and most others, preferring to talk to my budgie, or parrott if one was around.

A clever man but not an intellectual, as his career shows. Showbiz and thats it.

Vinny of Primrose Street.

Matthew Parris was a Conservative MP, indeed he was one of Margaret Thatchers assistants when she was Prime Minister. He may well make points against the Conservative government but it has been in power actually doing things. Since the Conservatives are doing things and have been doing so since 2010 it is more interesting to find fault with some things that they have done than find fault with the opposition parties, who of course have not been able to do anything. He praises Boris as being a dynamic leader but he doubts that Boris has the ongoing ability to lead in the correct direction.

Matthew Parris is an interesting bloke. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Parris
    Last edited by Neil_McDonalds_dick; 19-07-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks for putting me right. He is definately more left now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)