+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT Posts?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Not quite, I would say my priority is Leeds but I enjoy football. Having the banter with other clubs makes football interesting but I hate to see any other clubs getting into real difficulty, because it not good for football.

I also hate that football is no longer about football, sport or community etc etc and its all about £££'S
    Amen to that its become all about the money! Want to win the premier league? £300m and a half decent manager will do it! People rave about Guardiola, but he has never to my knowledge managed a club without the money and infrstructure that enables him to buy the best players and develop them. Often wondered how such managers would fair at a club like yours or ours.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Amen to that its become all about the money! Want to win the premier league? £300m and a half decent manager will do it! People rave about Guardiola, but he has never to my knowledge managed a club without the money and infrstructure that enables him to buy the best players and develop them. Often wondered how such managers would fair at a club like yours or ours.
    Swales it's the same with Klop and Mourinho what would they do at places like Brighton, Southampton or Palace they would never risk their egos at a lesser club

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales it's the same with Klop and Mourinho what would they do at places like Brighton, Southampton or Palace they would never risk their egos at a lesser club
    Maybe, but Klopp is a motivator, I think he'd do well. On the flip side, people put down managers like Allardice, who I think would do well if they had talent to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Maybe, but Klopp is a motivator, I think he'd do well. On the flip side, people put down managers like Allardice, who I think would do well if they had talent to manage.
    Agree with that, Adi. For me Klopp is more like Shankly, Ferguson and Clough...someone with the ability to inspire and reignite serial underachievers. It’s never been just about money with those four...unfortunately Bielsa may be another and I probably should include Revie, but I couldn’t stand him.

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39541032]Maybe, but Klopp is a motivator, I think he'd do well. On the flip side, people put down managers like Allardice, who I think would do well if they had talent to manage.[/QUOT

True Adi a lot of snobbery about how you should play . Allardice for pigeon holes into being a long ball merchant ,total rubbish really his Bolton are great to watch Its the same with Warnock he sets his teams up not to lose ,gets five six foot plus defenders ,sprinkling of skill and gets success . If he stays at Boro next season they will be up there . He's always wanted to manage Derby ,pretty sure if MM had given him the job He would have got us up .But he doesn't play the Derby way does he .

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Klopp started his managerial career at Mainz and then Dortmund, not teams associated with spending big bucks, so he didn't start at a big rich glamour club and ha shown he has the ability to manage with modest resources.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)