+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: latest news from Dfcss/Dee4life

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    pretty much similar to my reply to the ss scott albeit i said only an interest free loan,as the ss directors and members can vote on any of the other causes out there if and when they arise.

what grates my lemon is when different fan factions create friction,ffs we are all dee fans and my main aim just now is for J Nelms to engage with all fans and on a regular basis
    My wife (is a football widow) has often said to me that there should only be one Dundee fans group.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My wife (is a football widow) has often said to me that there should only be one Dundee fans group.
    She is right.

And yet the club now create yet another one with what looks like the most amateur thing so far!!

‘We who twirl the scarf’ - lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    She is right.

And yet the club now create yet another one with what looks like the most amateur thing so far!!

I'm gobsmacked at this latest idea to milk good fans of even more cash. It's so unoriginal and, as you say, amateurish it actually comes across as a bit of a con to me.

Core support may well shrink in size again, Supporters Society becomes further weakened if members vote to hand over the bulk of their reserves and a third fans group launched. Recent events have proved it might not be a bad idea to have some kind of insurance ourselves, not the way it appears to be going.

as i keep saying the fans need talked to and frequently and that just is not happening,easiest thing in the world to do and for the life of me i cant understand why it doesn't happen.

the fare on the pitch has been poor for so long and apathy is still abound,been through relegations,seasons in the wrong divisions 2 ffnnn admins and this is prob the most cut off iv felt as a fan of the club,we must be careful and continue to feed the appetite of the supporters,as once fans get in the way of not attending its an easy habit to break,

can't say this any clearer John Nelms must engage with the broad fan support,if he can't then he has to delegate someone with the task,yes difficult in this time of social distancing,but an ideal time to send out emails to everyone on the mailing list.so so important that engagement gets started quickly
    Last edited by shaded; 22-07-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Agree re number of different organisations but this latest venture imo is not another one. Just an avenue to help the club out on a regular basis like other clubs do. As far as I'm aware the money goes straight to the club. Hopefully those involved in this have had a few assurances regarding more dialogue from those running the club. See no harm in it if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    She is right.

I think that the setting up of a fund raising scheme by the Dundee fans is a good idea but not at this time.
    There are currently a number of other fund raising schemes in operation.
    I also believe that it should be specified where the money raised is going to be spent.
    I have previously carried out a bit of research on this subject as a result of it being discussed almost two years ago on the DBF.
    The AberDNA scheme states that the funds raised goes to the manager’s playing budget to they to allow the team to compete with Celtic and Rangers. The AberDNA scheme raises about £900k per annum.
    Ayr United have a fans fundraising scheme called AU500 where the funds raised again go to the playing budget. During the 2018-19 season £40k was raised and they hoped to increase that to £50k during the 2019-20 season (last season).
    Motherwell fans have a fund raising scheme through the Well Trust and the money raised goes directly to working capital. They raise in the region of £200k per annum. The Well Trust has a controlling interest in Motherwell Football Club Limited.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)