+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QPR Home Or Cardiff Home & Away

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    For f uck sake!!! QPR at home which is a cup final to gain promotion or anything less it would most likely be a very good in form Cardiff side over two legs.

It’s obvious which will be the easiest!! I certainly would not like to be the team to play Cardiff and could see them even beating Brentford over two legs - if we do it!!!

Come on Bilic rally the troops for this huge huge cup final!
    Last time we played Qpr in Cup final mate, it didn't end well for us, so let's just leave it as a must win last chance.

You're correct there.
    I should have said "biggest " rather than "worst".

Apologies.

Simple solution.Buy a decodable combination lock,and length of chain.Get a loved one to set the combination to a number above 6300,get this loved one to chain you to a tree at the bottom of your garden or local park,at 7.30 on Wednesday,and set the dials to 0000.
    At one second per code change,it will take at least 105 minutes until you are free.This will keep your mind fully occupied,and away from all media sources.
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Since the latter part of the Pulis days something mentally has gone wrong with me.

It always seemed like under him that one goal was going to be our lot so I found myself being very intense in concentration during games watching us defend which we usually did really well until those final few weeks.

BUT........a goal for the opposition and my head would go and I could never see a way back.

It destroyed my love for the game and I found myself unable to enjoy watching us live or on TV........it had all just got too important and was affecting my daily mood and I felt my well-being as well.

I stopped watching us on TV the day that Koumas and Lloyd Dyer set up that late winner away at Sunderland many years ago........pressure was so intense I went for a long walk.

I stayed at work the other evening so that I could actually avoid the match which I knew my son would be watching live.

Today I went for a drive once I knew Stoke were winning because I wanted to take my mind off it until it was over.

I think it comes down to what Adrian Chiles describes a few years ago about it being the hope that kills you as an Albion fan.

I can take the relegations and the failed promotions but I can’t live with the individual pieces of hurt along the journey.

A defence mechanism I guess,I avoid the constant knowing for the 90+ minutes.

It’s sad actually and I wish there was something I could do to get over this.

On Wednesday I will go for a drive and then just live with the final result.

If anyone has suggestions as to how I sort out this mental issue I’m all ears?
    Spot on Mick, so its not just us paranoid Leeds fans then? I can just about manage to watch at the ground or even on TV, but under no circumstances can I listen to a radio commentary ... Heart in mouth and bouncing out of my chest for most of a tight game... It happens to all fanatical fans i am certain. Good luck for Wednesday - I wouldn't want to endure that game,,really!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Last time we played Qpr in Cup final mate, it didn't end well for us, so let's just leave it as a must win last chance.

Yes remember that match like yesterday. Big John Wile with his head injury at Highbury and I got a kicking after the match and thrown through the window if Chelsea Girl before some of our lads came!

Yes remember that match like yesterday. Big John Wile with his head injury at Highbury and I got a kicking after the match and thrown through the window if Chelsea Girl before some of our lads came!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the injury to Wile was in the semi-final against Ipswich at Highbury and not QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the injury to Wile was in the semi-final against Ipswich at Highbury and not QPR.
    Correct, I was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post

Correct I was there too but meant Ipswich but it was QPR fans that gave me a kicking afterwards ! Wrong place wrong time!

1967 mate League Cup final, we were top tier playing third tier Qpr and we were winning 2 Nil at half time and lost 3-2.

I know a chap who went to that game as a kid with his Dad and he started crying at half time and when his Dad asked why he was crying he said "I have never been so happy".

And typical Albion kick the kid in the balls in the second half in what was a massive shock in those days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)