+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: We done it now what do we need!

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    We are as good as if not better than half the Prem teams right now, So what you are saying is that Bamfords contribution of 16 goals has not helped us win the league ?, If you are then you are deluded, ( A word you use a lot ), If not then for once give some credit to the lad..
    We were good, and we won it. With a better striker, we would have been better...and won it far more easily. Thats the distinguishing feature, Pete. And one I certainly won't be changing my opinion on. He contributed by scoring some goals, but should have easily doubled...or even trebled!...that tally of his, given the chances he was offered.
    Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the plan is with him for next season in the higher league.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    We are as good as if not better than half the Prem teams right now, So what you are saying is that Bamfords contribution of 16 goals has not helped us win the league ?, If you are then you are deluded, ( A word you use a lot ), If not then for once give some credit to the lad..
    No Pete, that's not what I'm saying and you're either being thick (which I dont think you are), or deliberately obtuse, more likely.

On this thread and others I have "given (great) credit to the lad", and stated quite clearly that he HAS contributed, but not in the way a single striker, (set up as such and at the sharp end of a diamond formation aimed at providing with adequate service for a 20+ contribution), should have.

As for how good we are compared to Premier League sides, we will see if we dont bring in some re-inforcements (and I dont include Augustin).

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    GK's are part of a team just like the other 10 players.

It's painfully obvious that we are a better "team" when we have Meslier than kiko. The defense looks more comfortable and the team seems to play better. Even under the tremendous pressure of the restart we looked composed in back with Meslier as our keep. kiko may be as good but the team played better as a unit with Meslier as our keeper.

I think we all know he's only 19 or 20 and he's already good enough for the prem. He could be a star for years to come. we don't need some retread like kiko.

Financially, it's a no brainer. Supposedly some other teams are interested in kiko. offload him to someone else and use the money saved to try to sign White.

we've been down this road before with another young keep. I believe Kasper was his name.
    100% agree.

Would love to see us get Ben White in but I doubt it will happen.
    Had Brighton gone down I think we would have been in with a fair chance but Brighton have already stated they want him for next season.

Shame..a big big shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Would love to see us get Ben White in but I doubt it will happen.
    Had Brighton gone down I think we would have been in with a fair chance but Brighton have already stated they want him for next season.

Shame..a big big shame.
    But players and their agents have massive power now - if he really wants to come us (and i know it's an if we don't know the answer to) then they would be able to 'engineer' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    We were good, and we won it. With a better striker, we would have been better...and won it far more easily. Thats the distinguishing feature, Pete. And one I certainly won't be changing my opinion on. He contributed by scoring some goals, but should have easily doubled...or even trebled!...that tally of his, given the chances he was offered.
    Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the plan is with him for next season in the higher league.
    Agreed on that, its obvious to anyone that he misses a bucket load of chances and we should have won the league by more than a measly 10 points , he brings much more to the table than just goals is all im saying

Interesting a few of the kids got a little game time in the last few games including Bogusz. Will have to see how ready Bielsa thinks they are but Shackleton, Struijk and Poveda have all looked good.

Don’t know what has happened to Gotts but he could come through too and Stevens looks decent too.

The one area we don’t have people coming through is up front. Radz has said we are about to break our transfer record and the rumour is it is for one of the Brentford strikers - Mbeuna (or however it is spelt). Watkins has an 18 mill release clause too.

PS can we try to stop squabbling like kids - after a 16 year break we have made it back as champions - surely just time to soak it all up and let it all unfold. Whatever we think MB will do it his own way and so far it’s been a little better than very good 😎

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No Pete, that's not what I'm saying and you're either being thick (which I dont think you are), or deliberately obtuse, more likely.

On this thread and others I have "given (great) credit to the lad", and stated quite clearly that he HAS contributed, but not in the way a single striker, (set up as such and at the sharp end of a diamond formation aimed at providing with adequate service for a 20+ contribution), should have.

As for how good we are compared to Premier League sides, we will see if we dont bring in some re-inforcements (and I dont include Augustin).
    You were right the first time, Thick.

Would another loan for White be acceptable to Brighton?

We have done similar with Harrison, so presumably prepared to accept that for some games he might not be available, given Whites contribution and potential, we might be prepared to accept similar limitations (if Brighton were!)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)