+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: We done it now what do we need!

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    You were right the first time, Thick.
    It’s not a requirement on here, but it does help.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Would another loan for White be acceptable to Brighton?

We have done similar with Harrison, so presumably prepared to accept that for some games he might not be available, given Whites contribution and potential, we might be prepared to accept similar limitations (if Brighton were!)
    I wouldnt think so tbh. They just about avoided relegation, so my view is they need more than one player to help them along next season. Therefore I think White is for sale for silly money so Brighton can add that to their watches. I am assuming most of their revenue streams most likely subsidise the teams wages as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I wouldnt think so tbh. They just about avoided relegation, so my view is they need more than one player to help them along next season. Therefore I think White is for sale for silly money so Brighton can add that to their watches. I am assuming most of their revenue streams most likely subsidise the teams wages as it stands.
    war chest not watches, damned predictive text!

You can be sure that whatever Beilsa has in mind will be leftfield, and it'll do for me, hes not let us down so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    White's value will probably soar from a current estimated £15-18million to around £50-£60million within a year in the Premiership, assuming the same level of performance. It would make sound financial sense on Brighton's side to continue with a increased valued loan spell at Leeds and then probably sell at the end of next season. Think at the moment Brighton have enough CB's to cover the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Selsey147 View Post
    White's value will probably soar from a current estimated £15-18million to around £50-£60million within a year in the Premiership, assuming the same level of performance. It would make sound financial sense on Brighton's side to continue with a increased valued loan spell at Leeds and then probably sell at the end of next season. Think at the moment Brighton have enough CB's to cover the season.
    To me 15-18 million is a bargain for White if that's what we could get him for (i'll take your word for that value).

I'll stick my neck out and say he will be in England's central defence at next year's Euros - he's far, far better than Stones already, and fits with the style of play they want.

We bought Rio Ferdinand for 18m - for my money White will go on to become just as good if not better than Ferdinand. There's something special about White - hopefully Brighton do think they have enough to cover him!

Anyway we'll know what will happen within a week - contract expires a week from now.

Bamford has done us a service and would be a good second choice, but if he is our first choice we will struggle. In Championship we can get away with missing chances, in Prem we don't have that luxury so in my eyes we need someone with a better chance conversion than him.

I like him, I think he works hard, he is intelligent, runs channels, is technically quite good but he lacks in the main area we need which is being in the right place at the right time (more often) and converting half chances not just easy ones. It is rare this year Bamford has scored one and I've thought wow, hes done well from there. Whereas say Hernandez has rifled in from outside area, Harrison has smashed in difficult chances, Klich has bent ones into top corner even Nketiah when he scored that header by leaping above tehir defense and looping it back where it came from, Bamford doesn't score that and we don't get the points.

What we need though is someone with everything Bamford can do + the ability to score more often. Because if all we did (not that Bielsa would do it) is sign someone who can score but doesn't do all the good work Bamford does its pointless as it would just stop the team playing as well and we'd be better just playing Bamford. So its not just about replacing him it is almost like getting Bamford 2.0, like upgrading from a Ford Focus to a BMW 4 Series but not quite a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Bamford has done us a service and would be a good second choice, but if he is our first choice we will struggle. In Championship we can get away with missing chances, in Prem we don't have that luxury so in my eyes we need someone with a better chance conversion than him.

I like him, I think he works hard, he is intelligent, runs channels, is technically quite good but he lacks in the main area we need which is being in the right place at the right time (more often) and converting half chances not just easy ones. It is rare this year Bamford has scored one and I've thought wow, hes done well from there. Whereas say Hernandez has rifled in from outside area, Harrison has smashed in difficult chances, Klich has bent ones into top corner even Nketiah when he scored that header by leaping above tehir defense and looping it back where it came from, Bamford doesn't score that and we don't get the points.

What we need though is someone with everything Bamford can do + the ability to score more often. Because if all we did (not that Bielsa would do it) is sign someone who can score but doesn't do all the good work Bamford does its pointless as it would just stop the team playing as well and we'd be better just playing Bamford. So its not just about replacing him it is almost like getting Bamford 2.0, like upgrading from a Ford Focus to a BMW 4 Series but not quite a Ferrari.
    Think most on here would say you are spot on Joel. He works really hard, but just doesn't put them away anywhere near enough. Add that to what he already provides, and we will have what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Think most on here would say you are spot on Joel. He works really hard, but just doesn't put them away anywhere near enough. Add that to what he already provides, and we will have what we need.
    Depends on what "Add to that..." equates to.

Cavani.....err no thankyou very much

JKA....err you have to be f00king joking

Benrahma.....all depends what Brentford do in the playoffs.

Others?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)