+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Life Meaningless?

Is Life Meaningless?

I have just read a article that was convincing. Certainly the older you get, the more meaningless it becomes, its just the same thing over and over. There cannot be a more meaningless activity than watching Cambridge United, Carlisle or England to be honest.

If life is meaningless that surely is a crushing blow. That all this STUFF is just an accumulation of circumstance, and there is no point to it all.

Maybe considering meaninglessness is the proof of god, that surely meaninglessness cant exist. Or can it? Maybe the appreciation of meaninglessness is a pointer to a promotion to a next step. Or not. Is love meaningless.?

Butch of Thetford.

Life isn't meaningless Frank but it can become that way if you let it,are you bored of life or just bored of the life that you are living and as for love,he who has not loved has not lived in life

1 John 4.8 Whoever does not love does not know God

Meaningfullness is about having a goal in life, and striving for it. If you can imagine a grand father watching a young child trying to build a lego house for the first time, the grandfather is not going to find that riveting.

In the same way, since my mid twenties, i have been on a journey of diminishing returns. Like with good red wine, when youve drunk plenty of it, it loses its appeal. Dont you feel that.? You can strive for a goal and achieve it, but so what.

It is like a child building a lego house, if your mind classifies that as an achievement, then its good. The problem is that when you climb one ladder, another waits for you, its like a hamster on a wheel, ladders will be endless. Where is the payoff?, the one that says your home?, or that there is no further struggle.

Because everyone does. And of love,? you will lose it. As you know.

Getting back to meaninglessness, can you tell me that all this tumult will add up to something? After death? You cant can you. Life is tedium, some sign that it isnt in vain would be good. Faith doesnt cut it. If there is a god, i want him to show himself, as he has done to people throughout the bible.

Why shoudnt i be one of those, as i have never sought to harm anyone.

The Sundance Kid of Fen Ditton.

p.s, the crowning glory of tedium and hopelessness would be Cambridge United winning div 4. Like a child building a lego house. And then they will try to do it again in div3, spending huge amounts of money, supposedly, is that not madness?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)