+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it's officially dead on here then?

So it's officially dead on here then?

I've just got a month ban from the left wing haven that is S24SU for calling someone a 'faggott' - in a PRVIATE message! Like a good little S24SU boy, the poster publicised it and reported me. ('CaptainMorgans' btw)

Nearly all the good posters there have been banned.

There ought to be somewhere we can all post once we inevitably fall victim to the relentless, approval hungry quest for PC perfection from the admins on there and the sad acts who inhabit the forum.

Shame what's been allowed to happen to this place.

Might have to try V1t@l......

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    I've just got a month ban from the left wing haven that is S24SU for calling someone a 'faggott' - in a PRVIATE message! Like a good little S24SU boy, the poster publicised it and reported me. ('CaptainMorgans' btw)

Nearly all the good posters there have been banned.

There ought to be somewhere we can all post once we inevitably fall victim to the relentless, approval hungry quest for PC perfection from the admins on there and the sad acts who inhabit the forum.

Shame what's been allowed to happen to this place.

Might have to try V1t@l......
    Expect nothing less from some of the pathetic left wing casualties on that board many people have been banned from the group for daring to have their own opinion.

Many of them on that board like to preach about bullying yet many are the biggest bullying cowards going that made 1 families life a live in hell which could have driven many people to suicide.

Too many brown nosing tossers on that forum with their heads stuck firmly up each others arses.

The Admins are a bunch of cowards and they knew about the bullying that took place on their forum yet did **** all about it.

Yet they ban anyone that dares to have their own political opinion 🙄

As for Bladesmad it was a great place to post many years ago.

Hope you are keeping well anyway Herbert stay safe.

Hey up DB. Hope you're well.

Agree with everything you say about some of the utter walking abortions on there.

'Gentlemanly' man babies who enjoy forming a 'pack' to keep any unpositivity or non left wing views in check. They think they're mature yet countless threads descend into tit for tat sh1tfests. It's genuinely embarrassing and uncomfortable to read.

As for the brown nosing - just look at any post of Foxy's. It will accumulate about 20 likes, regardless.

You'll have to fill me in about the bullying and the family - I must have missed that.

I've started posting on V1tal now - I'd forgot about it tbh. But it might be worth trying to build a poster base on there. It's far more 'real' and less 'woke' and brainwashed. It's generally a bunch of old guys currently but that certainly beats a forum populated by obedient PC robofags like on S2.

Banned permanently off S2!

Despite me making zero contributions on there in between being given a temporary ban and it being changed to permanent!

Despite only having one 'infraction' previously.

It's almost as if I've been banned for comments made on OTHER FORUMS isn't it?

It's almost as if they make it up as they go along!

S2 is on the slide and has been for a while whether they notice it or not.

Most good posters are gone. Add me to the list.

The dictatorship marches on!

As long as the forum serves its chief purpose of keeping their foot in the door at the club. You never know.... Door Deals may yet ruin another kit for us!

Banned permanently off S2!

Despite me making zero contributions on there in between being given a temporary ban and it being changed to permanent!

Despite only having one 'infraction' previously.
    You were banned permanently in the first instance, and you've had far more than one 'infraction' over a period of time, your latest little ditty incurred 4 alone and that's not being picky.

It's almost as if I've been banned for comments made on OTHER FORUMS isn't it?
    You were banned before you made these comments, due to the latest round of abusing someone who disagreed with you. Couldn't really care less about comments made about me, if you recall, you slagged us on here multiple times before even registering in the first place, if I was as petty or bothered as you make out, you'd have never have had a log in.

It's almost as if they make it up as they go along!
    Personal abuse is against the rules and always has been, so when you go on a tirade against someone, you are breaking the rules... Homophobia and racism are also obviously against the rules. Everyone knows that and it's not much to ask is it really? You might call it left wing or 'PC brigade', I call it simply having respect for fellow Blades and having adult discussion rather than playground abuse.

S2 is on the slide and has been for a while whether they notice it or not.

Most good posters are gone. Add me to the list.
    I assume that's why you are disappointed with your ban? Forgive me if I'm not overly concerned about banning self appointed 'top posters' for abusing other posters. In fact if the evidence of this thread is anything to go by, I'm more than happy that I must be doing something right.

The dictatorship marches on!

As long as the forum serves its chief purpose of keeping their foot in the door at the club. You never know.... Door Deals may yet ruin another kit for us!
    Unfortunately for you, given that it's our site, we make our own decision to implement a few rules for the good of the majority, even if you have a complete disregard for them. If you abused folk in the pub or in the stands, you'd get a negative reaction, you'll get the same on our site. You are happy to be a keyboard warrior and see it as your right, feel free to do so elsewhere, i'm just not hosting you spewing it at anyone with a different opinion to yourself.

You also know where I am if you wanted to discuss it with me, instead you choose to get others to ask questions and lash out on here.

We don't need to run a forum if we wanted a 'foot in the door at the club', not that you've the first idea. Well done for again for making things personal, inaccurate and irrelevant though.

We created the place to actively encourage a diversity in opinion, that's the whole point, pretty pointless to create a discussion forum for anything else really? If I wanted an echo chamber, it'd be a lot easier just to talk amongst fellow 'lefties' and 'sad acts' wherever it is us 'PC Brigade' hang about these days wouldn't it?

So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy_s24su View Post
    You were banned permanently in the first instance, and you've had far more than one 'infraction' over a period of time, your latest little ditty incurred 4 alone and that's not being picky.
    Well you need to sort it out then. Because the message I had on screen was that the ban would be lifted on 30 July.

I've only had more than one infraction if I've not been told about them. And what kind of way to operate is that?

4 is being picky being as though it was 1) f**cking PRIVATE and 2) all part of the same brief exchange. It suits you to make it 4 though, clearly.

You were banned before you made these comments, due to the latest round of abusing someone who disagreed with you. Couldn't really care less about comments made about me, if you recall, you slagged us on here multiple times before even registering in the first place, if I was as petty or bothered as you make out, you'd have never have had a log in.
    'The latest round' implies I did this regularly. Don't bullsh!t me. I always held back. And I was provoked far more than most.

It wasn't a simple disagreement. It was unprovoked, hostile and provocative. It was totally inappropriate. Yet I kept my response private. As always, choosing not to sidetrack the thread. Not that you seem to value anything like that.

Your refusal to simply logout my account paints a picture of a very petty man indeed, I'm afraid.

Personal abuse is against the rules and always has been, so when you go on a tirade against someone, you are breaking the rules... Homophobia and racism are also obviously against the rules. Everyone knows that and it's not much to ask is it really? You might call it left wing or 'PC brigade', I call it simply having respect for fellow Blades and having adult discussion rather than playground abuse.
    You know it wasn't really homophobic. And please show me where I've 'done a racism'.

I know personal abuse is against the rules. But I never thought you'd so readily ban someone for something posted privately. Now I know. That's useful!

I've posted on there for 5 years, FFS. You should know that I'm as respectful as anybody unless I have reason not to be.

assume that's why you are disappointed with your ban? Forgive me if I'm not overly concerned about banning self appointed 'top posters' for abusing other posters. In fact if the evidence of this thread is anything to go by, I'm more than happy that I must be doing something right.
    You have banned far too many good posters. You allow trash to run riot. Quality control doesn't enter your thinking. You're paying for it now and will continue to.

I'm disappointed because (congratulations) you currently have a monopoly as far as Blades forums are concerned and I'm a committed supporter and use the site to keep up with things. It's currently the best place for it. That doesn't mean I like everything about it. Simple enough.

Unfortunately for you, given that it's our site, we make our own decision to implement a few rules for the good of the majority, even if you have a complete disregard for them. If you abused folk in the pub or in the stands, you'd get a negative reaction, you'll get the same on our site. You are happy to be a keyboard warrior and see it as your right, feel free to do so elsewhere, i'm just not hosting you spewing it at anyone with a different opinion to yourself.

You also know where I am if you wanted to discuss it with me, instead you choose to get others to ask questions and lash out on here.

We don't need to run a forum if we wanted a 'foot in the door at the club', not that you've the first idea. Well done for again for making things personal, inaccurate and irrelevant though.

We created the place to actively encourage a diversity in opinion, that's the whole point, pretty pointless to create a discussion forum for anything else really? If I wanted an echo chamber, it'd be a lot easier just to talk amongst fellow 'lefties' and 'sad acts' wherever it is us 'PC Brigade' hang about these days wouldn't it?
    Again, I don't disregard the rules. You're showing a huge bias towards a very isolated recent post and conveniently ignoring the best part of 18,000 others. Furthermore, I kept it private.

And again, it's nothing to do with differing opinions. It's to do with the context, the tone, and the pointed, provocative subtle personal abuse. You will not find me abusing anyone for simply having a different opinion. So don't give me that convenient bullsh!t.

Many posters there abuse others constantly but because they don't just call them a 'c**nt' you don't even notice. Then it's the people who call them c**nts who get banned. You need to look at the root causes of abuse - they're the ones who can't handle differing opinions.

I know where you are! You f**cking locked my account! You're Mr Busy aren't you? I wouldn't expect a reply to any email. I did not ask any other poster to ask you. He did that of his own accord. (Don't hold that against him, he's not associated with me)

The 'forum owner' status certainly doesn't do you any harm, does it?

Diversity of opinion as long as it's not remotely right wing (or football wise - 'unpositive')! If it is you're on a one way road to the exit door, one way or the other.
    You literally banned someone the other week for simply saying "if Mousset wasn't black we'd all be calling him a fat lazy c**nt". Sorry, but if that's not indicative of a hugely 'PC' forum then I don't know what is.

What you have now is nothing close to diversity.

I did email you as well btw after learning my ban is permanent. Not that I really expected a response.

Well you need to sort it out then. Because the message I had on screen was that the ban would be lifted on 30 July.

I've only had more than one infraction if I've not been told about them. And what kind of way to operate is that?

4 is being picky being as though it was 1) f**cking PRIVATE and 2) all part of the same brief exchange. It suits you to make it 4 though, clearly.
    Well no, the whole thing could have been avoided entirely had you not chosen to break the very clear rules and abuse someone. We've been more than clear, not that we should really need to keep reminding people. As much as you appear to think it's my fault you abused someone and therefore attracted the usual punishment for breaking the rules, it was you who chose to do so.

It doesn't suit me in the slightest, I've better things to do than babysit and then sit of an evening and read your abuse of me because I had the audacity to apply the rules you ignored.

'The latest round' implies I did this regularly. Don't bullsh!t me. I always held back. And I was provoked far more than most.

It wasn't a simple disagreement. It was unprovoked, hostile and provocative. It was totally inappropriate. Yet I kept my response private. As always, choosing not to sidetrack the thread. Not that you seem to value anything like that.
    If there wasn't an accumulation, your ban would have more likely been temporary, there was an accumulation, therefore it isn't. I've no need to make anything up have I?

Your refusal to simply logout my account paints a picture of a very petty man indeed, I'm afraid.
    What? My refusal to 'logout your account'? I've no idea what you are talking about?

You know it wasn't really homophobic. And please show me where I've 'done a racism'.

I know personal abuse is against the rules. But I never thought you'd so readily ban someone for something posted privately. Now I know. That's useful!

I've posted on there for 5 years, FFS. You should know that I'm as respectful as anybody unless I have reason not to be.
    In that instance, you used a term commonly used as a homophobic slur, in any case, in any intended definition of the word, it was personal abuse and would attract exactly the same infraction, so it matters little.

You never thought, so soon after an appeal for people to cut the abuse across the board, that you perhaps shouldn't drop a string of personal abuse at someone?

You have banned far too many good posters. You allow trash to run riot. Quality control doesn't enter your thinking. You're paying for it now and will continue to.
    'Quality control' doesn't come into my thinking when applying the rules no, the rules do. I couldn't care less if it's the poster with the most posts or a newbie with 1, breaking the rules is breaking the rules.

I'm disappointed because (congratulations) you currently have a monopoly as far as Blades forums are concerned and I'm a committed supporter and use the site to keep up with things. It's currently the best place for it. That doesn't mean I like everything about it. Simple enough.
    There's a number of reasons for that, one of which is that we apply a very simple set of rules in the intentions of allowing everyone to be able to be comfortable contributing to discussion.

Again, I don't disregard the rules. You're showing a huge bias towards a very isolated recent post and conveniently ignoring the best part of 18,000 others. Furthermore, I kept it private.

And again, it's nothing to do with differing opinions. It's to do with the context, the tone, and the pointed, provocative subtle personal abuse. You will not find me abusing anyone for simply having a different opinion. So don't give me that convenient bullsh!t.

Many posters there abuse others constantly but because they don't just call them a 'c**nt' you don't even notice. Then it's the people who call them c**nts who get banned. You need to look at the root causes of abuse - they're the ones who can't handle differing opinions.
    "A very isolated recent post" was firmly against the rules, again, I wasn't responsible for you abusing someone was I?

I know where you are! You f**cking locked my account! You're Mr Busy aren't you? I wouldn't expect a reply to any email. I did not ask any other poster to ask you. He did that of his own accord. (Don't hold that against him, he's not associated with me)
    No, you got your account locked by breaking the rules. The only communication I've had from you is a single question via someone else, instead, you decide to slag me off elsewhere.

The 'forum owner' status certainly doesn't do you any harm, does it?
    Well it means I spend far less time being able to discuss the Blades online, get a range of abuse calling me every political persuasion under the sun and people taking a pop at me personally mainly for applying the basic rules of asking people not to abuse each other. I'm not entirely sure what you are insinuating?

Diversity of opinion as long as it's not remotely right wing (or football wise - 'unpositive')! If it is you're on a one way road to the exit door, one way or the other.
    I host decades of negative chat on the Blades. I couldn't care less what political leaning someone has as long as they abide by the rules. This week I've been accused of being far both sides of the spectrum by two different people I've banned for calling each other names.

You literally banned someone the other week for simply saying "if Mousset wasn't black we'd all be calling him a fat lazy c**nt". Sorry, but if that's not indicative of a hugely 'PC' forum then I don't know what is.

What you have now is nothing close to diversity.
    I didn't though did I? I'm also not sure what Mousse's skin colour has anything to do with anything? He's been called lazy plenty, he's also been called fat.

I did email you as well btw after learning my ban is permanent. Not that I really expected a response.
    Where to? I've had no email from you.

Where to? I've had no email from you.
    Through the contact form on the home page of the site. It's the only way I could contact you.

It might help if you read that first, regarding being unable to logout.

While banned I've remained logged in. While logged in I can't even view the forum. It doesn't allow me to log out. I thought you'd know.

You also presumably sent messages to me before immediately banning me - you surely knew I couldn't view them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast