+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agree, or not?

Agree, or not?

What should LUFC do about the match tomorrow?

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/07/twi...with-charlton/

Pay to watch, or free?

You havent said what your view is,

Why should it be free to all fans?, Season ticket holders yes but anyone else no, its a frigging tenner to help the club in these **** times.

Happy to pay the tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post

Why should it be free to all fans?, Season ticket holders yes but anyone else no, its a frigging tenner to help the club in these **** times.
    Not sure I agree here. I am thinking about all those years in the wilderness, where people have still spent money supporting the club without necessarily getting to Elland road or other matches.

Also it's an incredible marketing opportunity if done right, cashing in on that feel good factor, the number of new subscribers you would get to LUTV plus the possibility of shifting more Leeds merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Happy to pay the tenner.
    Worth every penny to see us lift that trophy...

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Not sure I agree here. I am thinking about all those years in the wilderness, where people have still spent money supporting the club without necessarily getting to Elland road or other matches.

Also it's an incredible marketing opportunity if done right, cashing in on that feel good factor, the number of new subscribers you would get to LUTV plus the possibility of shifting more Leeds merchandise.
    Theres hardly have anything in the SUPERstore. They would have (NOT 'would of') been making a fortune these months but most of the kit is out of stock. I know they're changing kitmakers, but opportunity gone. Son wanted the 3rd shirt, had to send to China for one. Fake, but decent quality.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post

Don't care if you believe me or not, but I can't afford a £10 note for 90 minutes of football that could pay for my meals weekdays. I don't have a "view" genuinely don't, just cant afford anything that much, for that much, at least not at the moment, (these sh1te times as you put it, have been around a lot longer than Covid)

Interesting mix of views though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

Interesting point there....

When Metro (the free newspaper, not the underground!) started, it was decided from the outset that it would be just that, free. went from strength to strength, and still had good material to read, not just dross like in some of the paid-for red-tops. So much so that when Alexander Lebedev acquired the Evening Standard, he made it his business to make the Standard free too. Result? the Standard is now the largest "quality" daily newspaper (nothwithstanding the impact of Covid on a newspaper largely read by those in and around Greater London).

Free can work, if you make the advertising work for you, there are other examples that prove it.

And no Pete, it doesn't change my "not having a view" on the Charlton match (other than one borne out of necessity), just commenting on LeedsFTWs point

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't care if you believe me or not, but I can't afford a £10 note for 90 minutes of football that could pay for my meals weekdays. I don't have a "view" genuinely don't, just cant afford anything that much, for that much, at least not at the moment, (these sh1te times as you put it, have been around a lot longer than Covid)

Interesting mix of views though.
    Not sure why i wouldnt believe you, It doesnt change my view that it shouldnt be free, however i obviously get some cant afford it or have more important things to spend it on..

Its a pity in these times there isn't a Student/Low Pay/OAP type discount that would not be misused

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)