+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The ex-Utd player thread.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    But you do agree that getting£3 million for a player who went to a league not any better than the one he left and couldn't get a game was good business???
    A. We didn’t get £3m, probably not even close
    B. It was part of a completely disjointed, unplanned transfer strategy
    C. A lot of the money as it transpired went straight to the manager and his cronies and not the Club
    D. It robbed us of a player who should have been the longer term replacement for another who was sold soon after
    E. Frankly, it almost directly contributed to our relegation and the loss of a helluva lot more money than that that the transfer brought in originally.

So, in conclusion, no it wasn’t good business but we thank you for your continued interest peter.

But you do agree that getting £3 million for a player who went to a league not any better than the one he left
    The UEFA coefficient would probably disagree. Stop talking ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    A. We didn’t get £3m, probably not even close
    B. It was part of a completely disjointed, unplanned transfer strategy
    C. A lot of the money as it transpired went straight to the manager and his cronies and not the Club
    D. It robbed us of a player who should have been the longer term replacement for another who was sold soon after
    E. Frankly, it almost directly contributed to our relegation and the loss of a helluva lot more money than that that the transfer brought in originally.

So, in conclusion, no it wasn’t good business but we thank you for your continued interest peter.
    Seems a very strange conclusion about a player who has played 7 top flight games in 6 years

Seems a very strange conclusion about a player who has played 7 top flight games in 6 years
    As a Funster peter I wouldn’t even remotely expect you to understand. It’s way above your pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    As a Funster peter I wouldn’t even remotely expect you to understand. It’s way above your pay grade.
    Go on try me...

Just watching the Hibs v Dons game and Scott Alan replaced after 54 mins. Still might prove me wrong as he's still got age on his side but what a wasted talent. Wrongly advised? Who knows. Still made a lot of money I would imagine. Had the world at his feet and now struggling to keep his place in the Hibs side.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    Just watching the Hibs v Dons game and Scott Alan replaced after 54 mins. Still might prove me wrong as he's still got age on his side but what a wasted talent. Wrongly advised? Who knows. Still made a lot of money I would imagine. Had the world at his feet and now struggling to keep his place in the Hibs side.
    Outshone today by the Welsh boy Ryan Hedges, what a find by the Sheep, just the kind of player we need 😒

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Outshone today by the Welsh boy Ryan Hedges, what a find by the Sheep, just the kind of player we need 😒
    Second half hat trick during the week as well.

Simon Murray to Queens Park.

Queens Park managed by Ray Mckinnon. F*ck me, I didn't even know that.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)