+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The ex-Utd player thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Simon Murray to Queens Park.
    I know others would disagree but I liked Simon Murray and he’s a local lad. I’m sure he’ll do well for QP

Scott Fraser in talks with Hibs. Sunderland, Stoke, Hull, Rotherham & MK Dons all interested.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I know others would disagree but I liked Simon Murray and he’s a local lad. I’m sure he’ll do well for QP
    I always liked Simon Murray - sure, there are better strikers but you never doubted his effort and commitment and he weighed in a fair few goals.

If only his shot off the bar in the 2-2 draw with the Dees had been about one inch lower, I think that season would have gone quite differently. (that's just me though)

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I always liked Simon Murray - sure, there are better strikers but you never doubted his effort and commitment and he weighed in a fair few goals.

If only his shot off the bar in the 2-2 draw with the Dees had been about one inch lower, I think that season would have gone quite differently. (that's just me though)
    Bain saved that shot...but good you think that 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Bain saved that shot...but good you think that ����
    I've said it before - much as I hate to give the Dees credit, I count that result as being more instrumental in our relegation than the one you lads like to celebrate as though it was a cup win. (or possibly even better than a cup win, depending who you speak to)

I've said it before - much as I hate to give the Dees credit, I count that result as being more instrumental in our relegation than the one you lads like to celebrate as though it was a cup win. (or possibly even better than a cup win, depending who you speak to)
    How would they even be able to compare it to a cup win though? 😂

Scott Fraser signs for MK Dons.

9 goals and 14 assists last season. Oh how we could do with a playmaker like that right now.

https://www.mkfm.com/news/mk-dons-ne...fer-duplicate/

I do get what you're saying... although that game was in August... I've always thought the new year game at Dens was the one I thought you were going down

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I do get what you're saying... although that game was in August... I've always thought the new year game at Dens was the one I thought you were going down
    I felt we were unlucky to lose 1-0 to Aberdeen in the first game. Then got a good 2-0 win away to Motherwell. A 3-1 derby win would have had us well on our way but I always felt that getting pegged back from 2-0 up shattered the confidence of a fairly young squad. A trip to Hamilton a few days later and 4-0 thumping had the writing on the wall for me. Had we gone to Hamilton off the back of a derby win I think things would have been different. Who knows though…?

Simon Murray gave his all - his star jumps and mental circle running were a particular high for me.

He was limited but he did give his all and did score a few too so i have a lot of time for him and hope he does well at Queens Park in a typical mckinnon 4231 setup

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)