+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: The ex-Utd player thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Ripped up his contractual entitlement to the Club, while the likes of Mulgrew held out for a pay off? And guys are moaning about Fletcher? Incredible.
    Not moaning about anything, but the commute from Wales to Glasgow is definitely farther than from Dundee to Glasgow so him saying he wanted less of a commute was a load of shyte.... FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Not moaning about anything, but the commute from Wales to Glasgow is definitely farther than from Dundee to Glasgow so him saying he wanted less of a commute was a load of shyte.... FACT.
    It doesn't mean it is a lot of ****e. He had pretty much retired from the game not seeking another opportunity. When you get an unexpected offer for a year that is intriguing I am sure he sat down with his family and discussed the pros and cons. Wrexham did the same with Ben Foster last season bringing him out of retirement. I wish him the best of luck. He put a shift of work in to United last season and didn't try to milk cash out of us to end his contract. I don't know why we need to get catty about this.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    It doesn't mean it is a lot of ****e. He had pretty much retired from the game not seeking another opportunity. When you get an unexpected offer for a year that is intriguing I am sure he sat down with his family and discussed the pros and cons. Wrexham did the same with Ben Foster last season bringing him out of retirement. I wish him the best of luck. He put a shift of work in to United last season and didn't try to milk cash out of us to end his contract. I don't know why we need to get catty about this.
    Agreed

Absolutely. Goes with our best wishes

Look forward to seeing him on tv 📺

Don't think there is any bad feeling for Fletch. Ripping up the contract for our benefit was very honourable, and much appreciated.But mentioning the commute/ distance thing does contradict his earlier comments, and folk should be able to comment on that.

In saying that, I wish he had negotiated, maybe a slightly lesser contract and stayed at Tannadice. Fletcher, Moult??? Ach... yi never know?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Don't think there is any bad feeling for Fletch. Ripping up the contract for our benefit was very honourable, and much appreciated.But mentioning the commute/ distance thing does contradict his earlier comments, and folk should be able to comment on that.

In saying that, I wish he had negotiated, maybe a slightly lesser contract and stayed at Tannadice. Fletcher, Moult??? Ach... yi never know?
    There is a difference though between changing your mind and telling a lie and I think it is unfair to accuse him of the latter especially given he had actually retired from football.

BTW he came on for last 15 minutes of Wrexham game despite only having 1 training session all summer. Nearly scored from outside the box with a shot that was deflected wide and was a general nuisance. Wrexham fans excited.

There is a difference though between changing your mind and telling a lie and I think it is unfair to accuse him of the latter especially given he had actually retired from football.

BTW he came on for last 15 minutes of Wrexham game despite only having 1 training session all summer. Nearly scored from outside the box with a shot that was deflected wide and was a general nuisance. Wrexham fans excited.
    Fletcher hadn't retired??

No ill feeling from me, just a banterous dig at the fact he claimed the travel was too much, then takes a job 250 miles in the opposite direction. Good ane. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Fletcher hadn't retired??

No ill feeling from me, just a banterous dig at the fact he claimed the travel was too much, then takes a job 250 miles in the opposite direction. Good ane. ��
    Same really, although I'm not really sure why some folk give him godlike status. He was one of our better players in a really shyte team that was easily relegated. Hardly the stuff of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Same really, although I'm not really sure why some folk give him godlike status. He was one of our better players in a really shyte team that was easily relegated. Hardly the stuff of legends.

and scored hardly any goals

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    and scored hardly any goals
    And we are playing a better system of football without him. I just came back from Wales myself last week, hope he enjoys it down there

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)