+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The ex-Utd player thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What i dont understand is "Nielson fought to get him", but then didnt play him! Its like someone else was doing the recruitment?
    mmm you have a point chick lol - lets hope out football manager 2021 can get the right guys this time. tbf courts aint going to reject any signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    one thing being a strong manager another thing being a p!ss poor man manager. his ego is oot the door. thank you hearts for taking him end of
    I think a lot of managers blank players they don't fancy. Some probably do it more than others and it maybe happens more on the Continent than in the UK. I've heard it said that Mourinho will blank a very good player if he thinks it'll give him 10% more from that player, bringing him back in when he feels he has a point to prove.
    I suspect Robbie is a good man manager but only for the players he likes.
    Cammy probably should have got more opportunity at Tannadice. Hope he does well in the US. It's a short career.

Smith isn't good enough, simple as that. That is why he has dropped down levels since leaving us, not going up in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Smith isn't good enough, simple as that. That is why he has dropped down levels since leaving us, not going up in the world.
    What evidence do you have that he is now playing at a lower level?

Seems to have had quite a raw deal any time he was with us, and at a time where someone should have been giving him a chance. First time he was played in the right position once and never again, and scores a hat trick against a top flight side! He then goes to St Mirren and gets a POTY award, comes back to us and because the manager who "fought to get him", then decides he didnae like him, Cammy never gets a proper chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What evidence do you have that he is now playing at a lower level?

Seems to have had quite a raw deal any time he was with us, and at a time where someone should have been giving him a chance. First time he was played in the right position once and never again, and scores a hat trick against a top flight side! He then goes to St Mirren and gets a POTY award, comes back to us and because the manager who "fought to get him", then decides he didnae like him, Cammy never gets a proper chance!
    Well firstly he left us and went to Ayr. Would like to think they are a lower level than us. He is now over in America, not in the MLS, but in their lower leagues. Pretty sure that is lower than the Scottish Premiership, considering we took guys like Harkes and Powers from the MLS and they haven't stood out over here.

If Smith had gone on to be successful at Aberdeen, or Hibs, or Rangers or Celtic then I would 100% say that United got it wrong. But he hasn't.

"Ryan Gauld set to decide on shock transfer worth £41k-a-WEEK as clubs chase ex-Dundee United starlet’s signature"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...er-41k-a-week/

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    "Ryan Gauld set to decide on shock transfer worth £41k-a-WEEK as clubs chase ex-Dundee United starlet’s signature"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...er-41k-a-week/
    The fact that he got overlooked in favour of 2 comparatively inexperienced midfielders. I think this move will make RGs future in the national team even more in doubt. If you can’t be bothered to look at a player in closer proximity, then what chance of getting to the USA in the current climate. Notwithstanding that JR did get a look in, early doors.

"Dundee United fans ‘took me in as one of their own’ says Paul Paton"

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...ans-favourite/

Good signing for Partick, Cammy Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Good signing for Partick, Cammy Smith.
    I know a lot of United fans hate Ian McCall but he is a very very good coach of players.
    That Ayr team with Shankland McCowan (?) etc played some great football and only budget did for them in the end. And it was obvious when Partick came to Tannadice he was doing the same thing there. In fact they were robbed that day tbf.
    He will fit Smith into a system that gets the best out of him.

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)