+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edinson Cavani......

Barndoor Billy and Brown ffs!

Who (where are you Clive) could name the worst 11 signings (any formation you like) and coach of the last 16 years?

Spoilt for choice with keepers, Casilla, Silvestri, gotta be Rabchuka though right?.......

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post

Who (where are you Clive) could name the worst 11 signings (any formation you like) and coach of the last 16 years?

Spoilt for choice with keepers, Casilla, Silvestri, gotta be Rabchuka though right?.......
    Could probably give Wiedwald an honourable mention as well.

Nice to be associated with this caliber of player. Think it's great PR and agree that it's not MB's kind of player. For all of bamfords flaws as a high % striker he sure puts in an effort every match. That is worth a lot to this team. I would also agree with some of the others that I'd love to see us get a young and hungry player. Maybe another White type player but a striker.

Really hopeful we can sign White. Think it may come down to how much he wants to come back to us. He will have a huge say so. He could be a 50-60 million pound player in a couple of years under MB if he develops at the rate he did the first year.

Don't think Brown lacked for effort or desire. Don't think he should be included in the top (bottom) 11. I think Anita would fall in that category as well.

Lack of effort or desire to wear the kit with pride should be a major factor in the bottom 11. we have plenty of dogs to choose from so it won't be difficult to find a bottom 11 that just didn't care to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post

Can u expand the timeline so I can add Tomas Brolin?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Now linked with Batshauyi too / nice to be linked with this type of player rather than in the dreary years where it was the likes of Paynter and Brown!

Looks like Brighton have given the green light to sell Ben White and with Man City spending big on a CB maybe our chances are looking up. 49ers are upping investment too!

I would be very happy with younger players with something to prove and more willing to listen to el professori. White, Watkins/Benrama, midfielder and one more defender would be great.
    Just want to mention that in all of American professional sport, I cannot think of a better managed club than the San Francisco 49ers. Even when they were not doing well on the field they were making money and very patient in their rebuilding. No panic. Very few clubs like that. They were set back considerably by Colin Kaepernick who decided to kneel at the national anthem to make a statement. But now they are one of the best again. Glad they are backing us!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Don't think Brown lacked for effort or desire. Don't think he should be included in the top (bottom) 11. I think Anita would fall in that category as well.

Lack of effort or desire to wear the kit with pride should be a major factor in the bottom 11. we have plenty of dogs to choose from so it won't be difficult to find a bottom 11 that just didn't care to represent.
    I agree, that's why I would select Andros Townsend. I realize he was only on loan but he clearly had no desire to be at or help Leeds. Just wanted to dribble and showboat. Thought an immense lot of himself and did not want to come back to our club. A true Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Anita, lol, he didnt even look like a footballer, more like a deformed 10 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Can u expand the timeline so I can add Tomas Brolin?
    i still remember being in the away stand at Selhurst Road when he signed for Palace and the fans through loads of chocolate bars onto the pitch at him. Even the Palace fans laughed.

How about the slowest 11 we’ve had in the dreary years. Butler, Gregan, Brown, Paynter, Morrison, Douigara, Prutton ....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)