+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Piss poor

Piss poor

Yet again. We owe a few clubs an apology.
    Please leave. Crap season, 3 points is no real improvement. We are heading nowhere.

Danny Graham, that was pathetic. 600 games of experience, and you are still offside.

This final game sums up how poor we are. 6 defeats in 10 games. Mowbray, you need to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Yet again. We owe a few clubs an apology.
    Please leave. Crap season, 3 points is no real improvement. We are heading nowhere.

Danny Graham, that was pathetic. 600 games of experience, and you are still offside.

This final game sums up how poor we are. 6 defeats in 10 games. Mowbray, you need to leave.
    Once again, an 'in yer face' type of side cause us too many problems .. If TM cannot address this problem, then maybe it's time for a change. Our record post lockdown is relegation form. As much as I want to back our manager, we can't afford another drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Once again, an 'in yer face' type of side cause us too many problems .. If TM cannot address this problem, then maybe it's time for a change. Our record post lockdown is relegation form. As much as I want to back our manager, we can't afford another drop.
    We need a huge clear out. And we need to find someone who can get a tune put of some of the good young players.
    Mowbray talks about integrity. He owes several clubs an apology tonight. Simply not even close to being good enough. 3 points more in 12 months in a very poor league, worse than last season isnt progression. Its heading backwards.

Hey guys, I was hoping you might do us a favour tonight, away at crappy Luton!.
    Ne'eer mind though eh, I think we're safe because of Wigan's financial f*k up.

Mr Ingtegity owes you and a free others an apology. But well done and staying up. You are no worse than us. The criminal thing is, our manager was given a fair bit of money to spend, and given an excellent CB from Man City. And he still managed to not improve us.

Tahh Champs mate, and hey I feel your frustration.
    What did you all think of us/Barnsley this season, in the two games ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tahh Champs mate, and hey I feel your frustration.
    What did you all think of us/Barnsley this season, in the two games ?.
    Acido - I have actually seen three of your games. I think you definitely deserved to stay up, and I see that has now happened.
    Congratulations.

That was one of the most bizarre games I have witnessed.
    Apart from anything else, I've only just seen the first 15 minutes because there was a problem with that period here, live!
    Luton did not have a single shot on target (apart from the penalty!) and scored three goals.
    I will be so glad to see the crowds back. This just doesn't feel real.
    I was reasonably happy with some of the stuff I saw.
    I thought Buckley was excellent. He turned up everywhere and showed a cool head. Obviously, he won't always get so much time on the ball.
    Davenport was good too. (Very hard to tell if he got a touch to the ball first in the penalty incident).
    Rankin-Costello grew into the game, and Brereton had a good first 20.
    Carter was patchy, but he has a decent turn of speed for a big guy.

For me, next season could see the Academy finally come to the fore.
    Not sure how good Fisher is, but the outfield should see plenty of game-time for Nyambe, Lenihan, Carter, Rankin-Costello, Travis, and Buckley.
    Vale, Butterworth, Magloire, Grayson, Wharton and Platt might all be in contention too.
    Those are all Academy graduates.
    Then we have other youngish players in Davenport, Chapman, Brereton and Gallagher.
    Add in Dack and Armstrong, and we have a very decent core.
    I would keep Rothwell too, although he is one of the most frustrating players I've seen. He has loads of skill and creates space expertly, but the final product is often woeful! I think he and Chapman are best used for half an hour when defences are tiring.
    Of the older midfielders, if I had to keep two, I would prefer Downing and Bennett to Holtby and Johnson. The latter two simply don't contribute enough.
    I'd still like to see an experienced keeper and centre-back brought in.
    The left-back position is simply up in the air. Perhaps Bell will finally come good!

So, I can see a starting XI such as:
    NEW KEEPER
    Nyambe Lenihan A.N. OTHER Bell
    Travis Buckley Rankin-Costello
    Dack Brereton Armstrong.

That would still leave plenty of quality on the bench. For example, Gallagher could do a straight swap for Brereton in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Acido - I have actually seen three of your games. I think you definitely deserved to stay up, and I see that has now happened. Congratulations.
    Its nice of you to say that Aucks mate . (and yes, Im still up and Im still on the 'celebration' beers as we speak lol).
    I must give credit to Luton though, they have also fought for their lives in recent games because they also looked like they were down and out at one stage.

How is the head today acido?
    I too had a few drinks last night to blot out what was a whimper rather than finishing in style.
    I could hear my brother in law from down at my house and so glad I declined the invitation to watch the game at his,after all I had to put up with his gloating all the way back from ewood.
    We need to clear alot of deadwood out and add probably a good 7 decent players.
    Out:leutwiller
    Williams
    Mulgrew
    Smallwood
    Johnson
    Holtby
    Bennett
    Downing
    Chapman
    Samuel
    Graham

In:2 new keepers
    2 new centre backs
    Left back
    Left winger
    Right winger

Yet again another window where the defence needs looking at,let's hope for 3rd time lucky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)