+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

he failed the minute he arrived, 1 point above safety in november, to be 8 points behind safety by january 2019

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Post match interview reveals he fully intends to carry on.
    Why wouldnt he? Apparently on good wages for this division, and maybe league 1 or 2. All thish tosh about loyalty last year, why would he terminate his own contract, he wouldnt get any wages

I think he's done pretty well this season. Let him build; the base is there for next year and beyond hopefully. I think we need to be challenging right up the top for the most part of the season though, or my benevolent mood may change.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Such a shame too see this once great club, humiliated by a town pub side ( all respect to Harrogate) . Back in the 90,s would never have dreamed that it would come to this

Just tell me where the respect is in that statement because it eludes me.
    Yep. Spot on. But also, we dont have a right to be anywhere. This is the start of a long rebuild that should have happened years ago. It's clear that changing manager and personnel all the time doesn't work.

Look at Harrogate's model, look at Bournemouth's model. Look at Wycombe. Just keep the faith and with a strong structure, good owners and a loyal manager , things can eventually happen. Although I'm so pissed off with Ardley today as he set us up to be scared of Harrogate. We shouldn't have given them respect.

I'm not normally a knee jerk 'get rid of the manager' type of guy, but he got it totally wrong today.

Go in to the game with same team was a stupid idea. Any manager with tactical nouse would have thought 'they expect us to play like this, so we will do the opposite '. We were so predictable and Harrogate exploited every single weakness of our game to the max.

Should have started with different formation and slightly different team....at this level , that's gonna **** your opponent up. We played in to their hands beautifully.

We needed a genius tactical masterstroke to get through today's game, but unfortunately Ardley doesnt have it in him.

I want to give him another season, but I'm so annoyed by his predictability, that I wouldn't be sad of he ****ed off. Jesus, that was the worst 45 mins I've ever seen us play in 1st half. Awful.

So what do we do? Trust and keep building or get a new guy in? Heart says keep him cos loyalty/stability etc is better than changing manager all the time, but head is like.....**** off Ardley you totally ****ed that up.

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    So how many boyhood Notts County fans are there out there with the CV and experience to become our next manager? Neal Ardley has shown fantastic loyalty to this club, even in the darkest days of last summer. He has my full backing.
    At no point did I say a Notts fan should be manager.

A poster asked me how do I know he isnt hurting as much as us and I said he isnt a boyhood fan, yes he wont want to lose but to him its a job.

You mean he has shown loyalty as he is on a good salary and nobody wants him ? If he was offered a job down south on the same money he'd be off.

Loyalty doesnt exist in football money talks which we will find out soon with Roberts.

Not a dig at Roberts btw but when a league one clubs knocks on the door he will want to go and thats fair enough.

I'm loving the fact we have such a nice bloke in charge at Notts. I'm hating the fact we have such a sh1te manager in charge at Notts.

The owners openly declared they didn’t expect promotion this season, making the play offs, improving player recruitment and steadying a sinking ship will all be seen as a big step forward from the gutter this club was reeling in just over 12 months ago. Ardley and Cox have played their part in that revival and appear to have the owners backing. I will be very surprised not see Neal and Neil given the opportunity to finish the job for another season and despite my own protestations earlier in this campaign I won’t have an issue with them being at the helm again come October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Yep. Spot on. But also, we dont have a right to be anywhere. This is the start of a long rebuild that should have happened years ago. It's clear that changing manager and personnel all the time doesn't work.

Look at Harrogate's model, look at Bournemouth's model. Look at Wycombe. Just keep the faith and with a strong structure, good owners and a loyal manager , things can eventually happen. Although I'm so pissed off with Ardley today as he set us up to be scared of Harrogate. We shouldn't have given them respect.

I'm not normally a knee jerk 'get rid of the manager' type of guy, but he got it totally wrong today.

Go in to the game with same team was a stupid idea. Any manager with tactical nouse would have thought 'they expect us to play like this, so we will do the opposite '. We were so predictable and Harrogate exploited every single weakness of our game to the max.

Should have started with different formation and slightly different team....at this level , that's gonna **** your opponent up. We played in to their hands beautifully.

We needed a genius tactical masterstroke to get through today's game, but unfortunately Ardley doesnt have it in him.

I want to give him another season, but I'm so annoyed by his predictability, that I wouldn't be sad of he ****ed off. Jesus, that was the worst 45 mins I've ever seen us play in 1st half. Awful.

So what do we do? Trust and keep building or get a new guy in? Heart says keep him cos loyalty/stability etc is better than changing manager all the time, but head is like.....**** off Ardley you totally ****ed that up.
    If he had changed the team and lost he would have been murdered on here for changing a winning side.

As an example, was it not a “tactical masterstroke” when they won at Barrow? There have been others.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The owners openly declared they didn’t expect promotion this season, making the play offs, improving player recruitment and steadying a sinking ship will all be seen as a big step forward from the gutter this club was reeling in just over 12 months ago. Ardley and Cox have played their part in that revival and appear to have the owners backing. I will be very surprised not see Neal and Neil given the opportunity to finish the job for another season and despite my own protestations earlier in this campaign I won’t have an issue with them being at the helm again come October 3rd.
    If Harrogate are ever on the lookout for a new manager, they need look no further than Ardley. He got their tactics spot on yesterday.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast