+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

All of a sudden it's now assumed that everyone expected Notts to reach the play off final this season and it was no achievement to get there.

Yup that's how I remember all the comments on this matter during the season. It was guaranteed, no chance we wouldn't make the play offs or final, that was never mention

This thread is a beauty, could go down as one of the greats.

You must be his agent with the squad at the start nobody with a brain expected promotion.

Lets face it though once the Reedz brothers took over he was hugely backed and this squad he has now i'll bet is the biggest budget in NL.

He failed its that simple you can dress it up how you like he got out thought by Sol Campbell and now a non league Nigel when to hear some speak we are "lucky" to have Ardley.

The only reason he is staying is down to Covid and his big wages and for once I think Johnny T is right !

Exactly nobody with a brain expected promotion at the start for all the obvious repeated reasons.

His squad budget now will be the biggest, and the squad is the best in the league. Just imagine if we had a some sort of proper pre season , and hadn't started so poorly. This squad with the manager in charge from Day One , boy we are talking possible maybe probable champions.

What's wrong with Sol Campbell? Oh yeah struggled at L1 Sarfend.

If you believe a 3rd place finish and a play off final defeat this season is a failure then fair enough. I don't believe the owners agree with you, and they are the people that matter. Not you, not me, not Ardley's agent

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    As an example, was it not a “tactical masterstroke” when they won at Barrow? There have been others.
    I would call it luck winning at Barrow

Notts were second rate till Barrow had Scot Quigley sent off, they had missed a penelty, hit the post and were in complete control

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly nobody with a brain expected promotion at the start for all the obvious repeated reasons.

His squad budget now will be the biggest, and the squad is the best in the league. Just imagine if we had a some sort of proper pre season , and hadn't started so poorly. This squad with the manager in charge from Day One , boy we are talking possible maybe probable champions.

What's wrong with Sol Campbell? Oh yeah struggled at L1 Sarfend.

If you believe a 3rd place finish and a play off final defeat this season is a failure then fair enough. I don't believe the owners agree with you, and they are the people that matter. Not you, not me, not Ardley's agent
    Its the manner of the defeat that is the concern, notts always start slow, and frankly this performance was shocking , given the importance of the game. All NA bad things re surfced in this match

As for the owners we all know they are going to stick with NA no matter what, barring relegation from the national league. As you know i think he should gone in January 2019, and has yet provided no evidence to the contary

Another manger might have got us promoted, you cant be sure they would not have

As for Ardley he always bottles it on big games, maybe on the balance of the season NA probably deserves another season, but its a big ask , only champions go up automatic. So for me play offs again, can NA bring a notts team out all guns blazing, and can he stop teams with a high press and busy midfield, because if not we are going nowhere

However no point sacking NA , if there no plan to bring in somebody better, thats where notts have gone wrong in the past

Whats Sol Campbell got to do with notts shocking performance yesterday, the only relevence of Sol Campbell is that he did better than NA at Macclesfield, and thats the reason we are in the national league

£80k is £80k, if that's the figure in question. As things stand the owners would have to bite the bullet if he were paid off. However, keeping him on £80k until his contract expires does not guarantee stability or any sort of success. Another season like the last two will bring the club's losses well into the millions. Whichever way you look at it, £80k would be a bargain. This doesn't mean that I support managerial roundabouts but in this case we have no real option.

Agree with a lot of that Davy. We've tried the regular replace the manager because we will find someone better and the results show it simply doesn't work and costs a fair whack to boot.

The reason we are in the National League is because all managers bar one did better than our 3 that season. I'd suggest all bar one were also ran better as club than us. That combination = deserved relegation.

Agree, Sol Campbell has very little to do with us.

Let's hope the manager can also see that the midfield needs an overhaul and more energy. I believe that's the only area we need to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agree with a lot of that Davy. We've tried the regular replace the manager because we will find someone better and the results show it simply doesn't work and costs a fair whack to boot.

The reason we are in the National League is because all managers bar one did better than our 3 that season. I'd suggest all bar one were also ran better as club than us. That combination = deserved relegation.

Agree, Sol Campbell has very little to do with us.

Let's hope the manager can also see that the midfield needs an overhaul and more energy. I believe that's the only area we need to strengthen.
    Nolan and Kewell , especially Nolan were sacked because Hardy was desperate for promotion, he did not even consider notts could be relegated
    Notts were 8 points above macclesfied when NA arrived, i think sol Campbell did far better than only NA
    And whether you can claim Macclesfield were being better run, is debatable, as there players were not even paid for 2 months , and had a budget a quarter the size of ours

Even Hardy recently admitted he later regretted sacking Nolan, as we would never have been relegated if he had stayed ( Hardy,s Words)

NA has been heavily backed now by 2 chairmen , he had the resources and players ,other teams could only dream off , yet still has failed , mainly down to his negative slow start tactics, that resurfaced in the horror show yesterday
    He should have made substitutions much earlier in the game than he did yesterday

Will NA come good in the end? Who knows on current evidense its unlikely ? More of the same, NA will probably show promise, and bottle it when it matters . But whats the alternative, another manager, who may or may not do better? Its a tricky now with reducing parachute payments, and none next year. Time is of the essence.
    Its last chance saloon for NA now, if he fails again , even you cant defend him next time . Or we could just stick with him for 10 years come rain or shine, and see where we end up?

The thing about Ardley is that he genuinely is a really nice person. Would make a great life long mate or for the older ones a great husband to your daughter.

Unfortunately nice doesn’t always cut it. Look at Warnock and Sirrel and dare I say Clough. All had fire in their bellies and that edge to their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Will NA come good in the end? Who knows on current evidense its unlikely ? More of the same, NA will probably show promise, and bottle it when it matters . But whats the alternative, another manager, who may or may not do better? Its a tricky now with reducing parachute payments, and none next year. Time is of the essence.
    Its last chance saloon for NA now, if he fails again , even you cant defend him next time . Or we could just stick with him for 10 years come rain or shine, and see where we end up?
    Pretty good summary and some interesting questions. I think we are stuck with Ardley in charge next season, so I won't be starting a second 'in or out' poll. I hope the stability theory pays off, but I have my doubts.

Out of interest laddo, do you stick by your claim that Ardley has proved people wrong, or do you agree with me that he still has a fair amount of work to do before he proves anything?

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast