+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

Of all 23 full time Notts managers to have been in charge at 4th tier level. Ardley has overseen the 14th most number of fixtures at that level, he has the worst win percentage of the lot. On PPG he moves above Fullarton and Sheridan into 3rd bottom but remains behind Gary Mills. If you "respect the point", he's pretty high up on the draw percentage table, better than Cotterill.

*These are 4th tier stats only.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As I've said before everyone failed that season, the players, the 3 managers and above all the chairman.

There's a great summary for you Lex, one to fully consider when posting on this subject in the future.
    I beat you to it. I posted months ago that the blame should be shared equally between owner, managers, and players.

Glad you've come round to my way of thinking at last.

Nice try but your post really does show that you need to know your limitations. I said "everyone failed.......and above all the chairman."

"Above all" That's not a subtle clue that you may have missed. It's in black and white, I blame the chairman above all. How did you conclude equal blame from that?

Use your advanced search thingy to find anywhere where I said the blame should be equally split between players, managers and chairmen.

Or save yourself some time and dont, as you won't. Probably best to back away slowly from this thread after your last post.

Nice try but your post really does show that you need to know your limitations. I said "everyone failed.......and above all the chairman."
    That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of - what does "above all" mean in numbers? On another thread I said you put nearly all of the blame on Ardley, and you said that was wrong. I've allocated the blame for relegation at 33.333% each for owner, managers and players.

What would your numbers be?

No you weren't, you didn't understand what "above all".
    I don't think anyone will properly understand what "above all" means unless you quantify it.

No you weren't lol. You either read my post too quickly and got giddy with excitement at the chance to reply. Or you simply didn't understand what "above all" means. I'm hoping it was the former but doubt it.

To make it simple for you, "above all" in this context means "more than". Or the majority of the blame IMO. I would place noticeably more than 33% of the blame on the owner, if grouping into owner, manager, players.

Interesting as you equally split it between the 3 groupings at 33% each. We had 3 managers that season, so that 33% needs to be split between Nolan, Kewell and Ardley to whatever weighting you choose. We can assume the players 33% is spread thinly due to the sheer number of players who played in the relegation season.

Yet we had only one owner during that season, a Mr Hardy, who you have applied 33% solely too.

In summary, you believe the owner (Mr Hardy) was to blame the most for the relegation season.

We therefore are in agreement, I've been saying it all season.

Hope that helps

To make it simple for you, "above all" in this context means "more than". Or the majority of the blame IMO. I would place noticeably more than 33% of the blame on the owner, if grouping into owner, manager, players.
    So how much is "noticeably more" and "the majority"? IIt's very vague, it could be 50/25/25% or 90/5/5% - a big difference.

All you have to do is choose 3 numbers that add up to 100 and put a percentage and a name beside them.

Let's go with 55(The Owner):30 (The Managers):15 (The Players)

There you go, direct question, direct answer.

No back to my summary, make sense to you? Based on your 33.333% equal split that you've mentioned a few times.

You blame Hardy the most (33.333%), that's now obvious.

So moving onto who you blame 2nd most. I am right in presuming you blame Ardley the most responsible out of the 3 managers? He did after all have the most games/times to change things, so what % blame do you blame Ardley?

Interested after all your comments how far behind Hardy's 33% , the current manager is for our relegation that season.

Let's go with 55(The Owner):30 (The Managers):15 (The Players)

There you go, direct question, direct answer.

No back to my summary, make sense to you? Based on your 33.333% equal split that you've mentioned a few times.

You blame Hardy the most (33.333%), that's now obvious.

So moving onto who you blame 2nd most. I am right in presuming you blame Ardley the most responsible out of the 3 managers? He did after all have the most games/times to change things, so what % blame do you blame Ardley?

Interested after all your comments how far behind Hardy's 33% , the current manager is for our relegation that season.
    If it's 'blame the manager' time, I would go for:

Nolan 10% - very poor start but was only given 5 games. Anyone's guess how he would have done over the course of a full season, but it couldn't be worse than relegation.
    Kewell 0% - I can't blame Kewell at all, he came into a difficult situation and seemed to be slowly improving us. Seeing as his points per game tally would have easily seen us safe, he is the manager who escapes any blame for me.
    Ardley 90% - although he also came into a difficult situation, it was still a fairly straightforward task to avoid the bottom two in my opinion, especially with the backing he got in January. If he had matched Kewell, we would have remained a league club.

Therefore, in the bigger picture that equates approximately to Hardy and the players getting 33%, Ardley 30% and Nolan 3%. On that basis Ardley gets 3% less blame than Hardy.

I would go with Ardley 18.2% Hardy 49.1% Kewell 4.1% Nolan 7.7% Players 20.9%

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast