+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

I'm surprised that nobody has spotted the real reason we went down. We missed Branston! Sure if he was there he'd have made proper signings and we'd have been grand.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has spotted the real reason we went down. We missed Branston!
    Yeah with every bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It was a sad state of affairs throughout. That's a smidge over a misesly one point a game.

14 points from 18 games = 0.78 points per game before his arrival. Ouch!
    Whats that got to do with NA. His job was to keep Notts up, he failed.All he had to do was better than the other teams around us at the bottom , especially macclesfield
    Plenty of managers go to clubs in trouble, even points behind, and keep them up , but not NA. What kevin Nolan coming in after we lost 10 matches on the run ?
    Many of us blame NA for relegation, and as many others think he has done no wrong , and nobody is going to change their mind, so lets look to the future now and say

The only good thing is that we have club to support at all , and stable owners, given a few years, or say 5 years, i think we will be better in the end, whether its with NA remains to be seen?

What's that got to do with it? Are you being serious? 0.78 points a game after 18 matches had a lot to do with the season of relegation. Remember that's after finishing the previous season in the play offs. That's the same Kevin Nolan you mentioned. Take a side to the play offs , unlucky to lose in semi finals. Then heavily backed by the reckless overspending chairman to improve the squad and you start the season in simply disastrous fashion. Explain that chap?

Even if we had started with a half decent record after 18 games we wouldn't have been close to relegation let alone go down. You will be delighted to hear if we had we wouldn't of had to appoint Mr Ardley. Imagine that

Nice to end of a positive and delighted to see you viewing Notts over a 5 year period rather than usual 5 month of Notts fans.

Although it's alien to us all I hope it catches on amongst supporters.

Nice to end of a positive and delighted to see you viewing Notts over a 5 year period rather than usual 5 month of Notts fans.

Although it's alien to us all I hope it catches on amongst supporters.
    I'm sure it will catch on if Ardley is successful in the long term.

Have you ever considered, just for a second, that's not guaranteed to happen?

Ardley or any manager right?

Of course it's not guaranteed , you are self confessed betting man, I'd suggest the odds of Ardley being successful are long! Not as long as under previous owners, as at least he will get a chance. But this club, our embarrassing history with managers and lack of stability and giving them a chance. What are we thinking here Elite 50/1? More? In racing terms our stable are well out of form and have been for a long long time now.

It will only "catch on" if we start to give managers the chance to succeed. Not just Ardley but future managers also.

Ardley or any manager right?

Of course it's not guaranteed , you are self confessed betting man, I'd suggest the odds of Ardley being successful are long! Not as long as under previous owners, as at least he will get a chance. But this club, our embarrassing history with managers and lack of stability and giving them a chance. What are we thinking here Elite 50/1? More? In racing terms our stable are well out of form and have been for a long long time now.

It will only "catch on" if we start to give managers the chance to succeed. Not just Ardley but future managers also.
    Odds of success by constantly changing managers = 50/1 (it worked for us once)

Odds of success by going for stability but sticking with a poor manager = 100/1

I've said it before that one definition of the word 'stability' is a situation in which something is not likely to move or change. Can't say I'm overly keen on spending a decade in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Odds of success by constantly changing managers = 50/1 (it worked for us once)

Odds of success by going for stability but sticking with a poor manager = 100/1

I've said it before that one definition of the word 'stability' is a situation in which something is not likely to move or change. Can't say I'm overly keen on spending a decade in the National League.
    Even horses at 100-1 can win races Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Even horses at 100-1 can win races Elite.
    I know, but the odds suggest they are likely to lose 99 times out of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The Chairman No - Hardy,s mistake was bringing NA to the club in the first place. Backed NA heavily in the transfer window . AS i have pre mentioned NA neagtive tactics, poor defense, devoid of plans when things are against us -( shown again yesterday) that relegated us instead of macclesfield

The Players possibly - Have to do there job on the field, however thats NA job to motivate them, and prepare them for big matches

The Managers before No - Nolan definately not , sacked as hardy wanted promotion,and had kept us up 2017 after a 10 match losing run. , and kewell no, as out of bottom 2, and 8 points above macclesfield , when NA arrived
    How you cannot portion any blame of our relegation out of the football league to the chairman at the time or former managers that season is beyond me. Although you’ve acknowledged the players who have the biggest impact on the outcome of a match as a possibility so that is something.

If Nolan had won one of the first five games of the season before he was sacked we would have stayed up. That would only have been shockingly 1 win in 5. Why is it the chairman’s fault for appointing Ardley but not his fault for sacking Nolan? Likewise appointing and sacking Kewell which cost the club a fortune? It’s got to be the chairman’s fault for all those decisions because neither of those decisions prevented us being relegated.

Kewell only won 3 out of the 14 games he was in charge. Again if we had won one more game during his tenure we would have stayed up.

So before Neal Ardley walked in the door we had only won 4 out of 19 games. That was almost half the season gone and we were at the dizzy heights of 22nd place. What a great achievement for 40% of a season. The same squad under a third manager carried on in the same vein they started the season by losing and losing and losing.

Let’s face it the squad assembled in the summer of 2018 by Nolan, Hardy and whoever else was simply not good enough for league two and was found wanting under three different managers on too many occasions. It has to be accepted that collectively the players, all three managers and the chairman that season all have to share the responsibility and played their part in our relegation out of the football league.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 05-08-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast