+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

I think he will stay where he is and so will Notts....

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And if you want to guess or speculate maybe the Danes might have relied on Ardley for help and advice.
    We might have progressed further if Ardley didn't wear blinkers. His player selection for every game never includes anyone with pace, and whose fault is that? Well, it has to be the man who picks the team and if this man's squad has no-one in defence, midfield or attack who can run faster than a trot, then whose fault is that?

You ask whether the Danes ask Ardley for advice but who does Ardley ask advice from? Is he self taught? Does he have a learning curve?

In my opinion, Swale, he ought to get rid of those blinkers and see we need a couple of greyhounds in the squad. Players who can vary the attack or have the pace to catch enemy strikers. We have needed such players for a while so if Ardley is advising the Reedtz then he might perhaps mention LaxtonLad's advice and "get some in" as we used to say (ask your grandad).

Just for some clarity when Kewell was sacked Notts were 22nd in the league, 3 points above the relegation zone, when Ardley took charge of his first league game away at Mansfield Notts were 23rd and 1 point from safety following 2 points from a possible 9 in the games under Steve Chettle. I might be missing something but where does this idea come from that Notts were 8 points clear when he took over?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    NA job is winning matches on the football field, Hardys is financially running the club
    When NA arrived we were outside the bottom 2, and then Hardy backed NA heavily in the january transfer window , thats why i blame NA
    Read that on the smartphone screen as "financially ruining the club"

Backing someone in a transfer window is not the same as getting in the target players. We got what we could get.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Just for some clarity when Kewell was sacked Notts were 22nd in the league, 3 points above the relegation zone, when Ardley took charge of his first league game away at Mansfield Notts were 23rd and 1 point from safety following 2 points from a possible 9 in the games under Steve Chettle. I might be missing something but where does this idea come from that Notts were 8 points clear when he took over?
    I think that was a reference to us being 8 points clear of Macclesfield rather than being 8 points clear of the relegation places (don't know if we were or not). The interesting thing if I remember rightly is that Ardley and Sol Campbell took charge within a few days of each other!

Quote Originally Posted by downunderpie View Post
    I think he will stay where he is and so will Notts....
    I've got a sneaking suspicion that last Sunday's match may well have been our best chance to get out of this League and we won't see that opportunity come again for a good few seasons. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I've got a sneaking suspicion that last Sunday's match may well have been our best chance to get out of this League and we won't see that opportunity come again for a good few seasons. Let's hope I'm wrong.
    Gumpy, you are assuming everything stays as it is, but leagues 1 and 2 and the National League are going to experience seismic shift as clubs hit the financial wall. It may well be that our relative financial stability under the Reedtz's has more of a say about where we end up than anything we do on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think that was a reference to us being 8 points clear of Macclesfield rather than being 8 points clear of the relegation places (don't know if we were or not). The interesting thing if I remember rightly is that Ardley and Sol Campbell took charge within a few days of each other!
    Just to settle it once and for all, this is the L2 table on the day that Ardley joined the club. 23rd Nov 2018

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...november-2018/

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  19.0 KB

23 November 2018
    Ardley was appointed as manager of Notts County on 23 November 2018, assisted by Neil Cox, with whom he worked with at AFC Wimbledon. On his arrival, Ardley said "that the chance to manage Notts County is one I couldn't let pass."
    Last edited by countygump; 05-08-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just to settle it once and for all, this is the L2 table on the day that Ardley joined the club. 23rd Nov 2018

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...november-2018/

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  19.0 KB

23 November 2018
    Ardley was appointed as manager of Notts County on 23 November 2018, assisted by Neil Cox, with whom he worked with at AFC Wimbledon. On his arrival, Ardley said "that the chance to manage Notts County is one I couldn't let pass."
    Yep, that's where I was getting my info from. The 8 points like Elite says must be what we had over Macclesfield. Mind you Yeovil's collapse was quite epic!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep, that's where I was getting my info from. The 8 points like Elite says must be what we had over Macclesfield. Mind you Yeovil's collapse was quite epic!

Bit of the owd 'hindsight' involved but all we needed were 31 points from 28 games to stay up.

I'll leave that with you.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast